the malnutrition rate in the people's democratic republic of korea has fallen from 62% in 2000 to 18% today, the dprk presides over the year of the greatest and most prosperous nation in human history
[account deactivated]

gyrofry posted:

don't let your cat go outside

i dont. but everyone i know is a dumb self-absorbed faggot who cant close a door and he ran away for 3 weeks

global billions will die from famine and Lyme disease, mark my words

Superabound posted:

gyrofry posted:

don't let your cat go outside

i dont. but everyone i know is a dumb self-absorbed faggot who cant close a door and he ran away for 3 weeks

did he read your posts lololol

cats can't read

Edited by wasted ()

Just so people know the publication you're dealing with. It's the Spectator owned and largely controlled by the Barclay Brothers, estimated wealth at over $3.6 billion,
They're in the middle of an attempt to stop paying tax on £1bn($1.6bn).

They also own the Ritz which has avoided tax due payments for 17 years

Some live news on it here http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/dec/17/barclay-brothers-vat-windfall-bid

The editor is Fraser Nelson, a Scottish conservative from an aristocratic background, and is also home to Irwin Seltzer, who ran a lot of the American Enterprise Institute, for a long time.

Its message 'things are getting better, leave it as it is' is there for a reason.

thats just goatstein, you'll get used to him

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Lots of good news in there I think we can all agree, even if our generation (like every other generation in it’s youth) likes to revel in melodrama and believes that it is the one who will be living in the end times
lol at huey downvoting this. hitherto you had the war to end all wars, the greatest generation, the age of Aquarius, the end of history. Of course we want to dramatize the current situation and make it out like we're meaningful or special.

Anyway i really don't see why it's neccessary to be such a sadsack about these things: famine has been almost eliminated, barely anyone dies in war (18 month of Syria is half a day at the Somme), hundreds of millions have been removed from what Marx called "the idiocy of rural life". I know it's a shitty system we're under but so many incredible things have been achieved that it seems so ungrateful to put our hands in our pockets and kick tufts of grass on the ground muttering "everything sucks".

Perhaps it's not exactly what you're looking for, but if you want to wallow in the mythologized romanticism of a shitty past then maybe you could try A Song of Fire and Ice by George RR Martin?

you realize billions of people will die within the coming decades due to famine and drought caused by these "achievements" - which is really just excessive burning of fossil fuels so that anglos can have unlimited supply of dorritos and their faces permanently melded onto iphone screens

it's not even funny to joke about considering the wave of horror that's going to face humanity in the coming years. look at the population growth since the 1960s, all of that will vanish in bloody strife even quicker than the population growth occurred

no i don't realize that, life expectancy in Asia's risen from 48 to 70 years in the past half century. People have more daily calories available to them than any before thanks to sophisticated farming techniques.

Climate change and energy issues will cause problems sure, but i see no evidence whatsoever that billions are going to die.

lmao.

drwhat posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Lots of good news in there I think we can all agree, even if our generation (like every other generation in it’s youth) likes to revel in melodrama and believes that it is the one who will be living in the end times
lol at huey downvoting this. hitherto you had the war to end all wars, the greatest generation, the age of Aquarius, the end of history. Of course we want to dramatize the current situation and make it out like we're meaningful or special.

Anyway i really don't see why it's neccessary to be such a sadsack about these things: famine has been almost eliminated, barely anyone dies in war (18 month of Syria is half a day at the Somme), hundreds of millions have been removed from what Marx called "the idiocy of rural life". I know it's a shitty system we're under but so many incredible things have been achieved that it seems so ungrateful to put our hands in our pockets and kick tufts of grass on the ground muttering "everything sucks".

Perhaps it's not exactly what you're looking for, but if you want to wallow in the mythologized romanticism of a shitty past then maybe you could try A Song of Fire and Ice by George RR Martin?

you realize billions of people will die within the coming decades due to famine and drought caused by these "achievements" - which is really just excessive burning of fossil fuels so that anglos can have unlimited supply of dorritos and their faces permanently melded onto iphone screens

it's not even funny to joke about considering the wave of horror that's going to face humanity in the coming years. look at the population growth since the 1960s, all of that will vanish in bloody strife even quicker than the population growth occurred

no i don't realize that, life expectancy in Asia's risen from 48 to 70 years in the past half century. People have more daily calories available to them than any before thanks to sophisticated farming techniques.

Climate change and energy issues will cause problems sure, but i see no evidence whatsoever that billions are going to die.

lmao.

"lmao" at being skeptical of the same apocalyptic predictions made every generation that have never, ever eventuated...lmao indeed

lmao indeed, you've bartertowned me to a ridiculous degree once again
Basically, this apocalyptic obsession of the left is a function of the exact same phenomenon that causes the tea-party and what is broadly called the "angry white male". It's an expression of anger at the loss of social power and influence, and the perceived relative increase in impotence. Back in the 50s such people could feel that they were part of some social, cultural or political movement that wielded real influence given that the worlds power was overwhelmingly in the white hands. Now that that has changed, such people throw their toys out of the pram and insist that because they, and people like them can no longer govern the world, suddenly all hope is lost and everyone should share in their pessimism and fatalism.

Basically, this apocalyptic obsession of the left is a function of the exact same phenomenon that causes the tea-party and what is broadly called the "angry white male". It's an expression of anger at the loss of social power and influence, and the perceived relative increase in impotence. Back in the 50s such people could feel that they were part of some social, cultural or political movement that wielded real influence given that the worlds power was overwhelmingly in the white hands. Now that that has changed, such people throw their toys out of the pram and insist that because they, and people like them can no longer govern the world, suddenly all hope is lost and everyone should share in their pessimism and fatalism.

pram
dude, it's pram
pram's parked her car in the vistor only parking again

Goethestein posted:

gangster rap saves LIVES

prikryl posted:

can anybody german please translate what the songs is trying to say?

[account deactivated]
U.S. violent crime up for first time in years - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2012/.../us/violent-crime/index.ht... - United States
17 Oct 2012 – The rate of U.S. violent crime went up last year for the first time in nearly two decades due to a jump in assaults.

U.S. violent crime down for fifth straight year - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2012/.../us-violent-crime/index.ht... - United States
29 Oct 2012 – Violent crime in the United States fell for the fifth consecutive year in 2011 with murder, rape and robbery all going down.
illmatic sucks. nas is boring.
lol so many scarface and getto boyz comments are just like 'THANK YOU OFFICE SPACE'

It's not just the US left or white lands that are 'apocalypticist' or whatever. If you ever read original stuff from the Iranian left or Turkish left - you'll see that every year is the final year of the swamp of capitalism when a mass war will suddenly break out from underlying tensions, (at which point a true Communist movement will emerge and usher in a new dawn)..

thirdplace posted:

dude, it's pram

SHE GODDA SISTUH?!?!

In the modern information-based, globalized world economy, it's not clear what purpose unions serve besides obstruction.

drwhat posted:

U.S. violent crime up for first time in years - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2012/.../us/violent-crime/index.ht... - United States
17 Oct 2012 – The rate of U.S. violent crime went up last year for the first time in nearly two decades due to a jump in assaults.

U.S. violent crime down for fifth straight year - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2012/.../us-violent-crime/index.ht... - United States
29 Oct 2012 – Violent crime in the United States fell for the fifth consecutive year in 2011 with murder, rape and robbery all going down.

capitalism & schizophrenia indeed

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Whenever someone says "it's a Rockwell" Goatstein doesn't think of Norman, he thinks of George Lincoln.

i think of the aerospace contractor but pick ur poison sonny

discipline posted:

It used to be that you could call out a piece of filthy propaganda for what it was. If the Soviets or the Chinese were putting out ridiculous information about how great everything was, nobody felt too bad about calling it out. If the Nazis said life was never better in Germany while the Red Army was beating down their door, we knew it to be horse shit. Yet today, calling out articles such as those in The Spectator or putting down books like Thomas Friedman’s “The World is Flat” is met with groans and rolled-eyes. Our eyes are glued to our smartphones with the world collapsing down around us. Things are actually getting worse for most, though far better for some. Of course, those who are benefiting from the status quo also happen to own all the newspapers, happen to take more part in bankrolling research at universities and also have more influence in government than the guy who is living on $2 a day.

FREEAAAKIn SMARTphones

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

discipline posted:

It used to be that you could call out a piece of filthy propaganda for what it was. If the Soviets or the Chinese were putting out ridiculous information about how great everything was, nobody felt too bad about calling it out. If the Nazis said life was never better in Germany while the Red Army was beating down their door, we knew it to be horse shit. Yet today, calling out articles such as those in The Spectator or putting down books like Thomas Friedman’s “The World is Flat” is met with groans and rolled-eyes. Our eyes are glued to our smartphones with the world collapsing down around us. Things are actually getting worse for most, though far better for some. Of course, those who are benefiting from the status quo also happen to own all the newspapers, happen to take more part in bankrolling research at universities and also have more influence in government than the guy who is living on $2 a day.

The soviets and the chinese were right.

jools are you ok
im good im just pretty sure smartphones arent why the populace of the US does nothing or whatever thats all
Wells Fargo is worth $1.4 trillion
They made about $1.4 billion by processing debit payments in order from largest to smallest, so that if the account is overdrawn, the account holder would be levied the maximum possible number of overdraft fees.
They had to pay $203 million to their customers for misleading them to think these payments would be processed in the order they were made. But today it turns out they don't have to pay anything
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]