Do you support the liquidation of anti-social elements of society like Stalin or Bush or are you a squeamish liberal about it?
[account deactivated]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039453/How-America-planned-destroy-BRITAIN-1930-bombing-raids-chemical-weapons.html

gyrofry posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039453/How-America-planned-destroy-BRITAIN-1930-bombing-raids-chemical-weapons.html

wow it seems so ridiculous now that the US would ever consider a third world country like britain to be a threat

the death penalty is prettymuch a non-issue. i support it because i respect the will of the people. if youre going to get wienery about the application of lethal state violence, start with bombings
It's pretty despicable how so many countries run by liberal elites refuse to bend to the will of their people on this issue...."oh the masses can't be trusted with concepts of justice"

like Donald your compatriots in Canada

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1127764--majority-of-canadians-support-return-of-death-penalty-poll-finds

A half-century has passed since the last person in Canada was executed, but a recent public opinion poll suggests Canadians are warming to the idea of a return to capital punishment.

The survey conducted by Angus Reid Public Opinion in partnership with the Toronto Star found that 63 per cent of the 1,002 Canadians surveyed across the country believe the death penalty is sometimes appropriate. Sixty-one per cent said capital punishment, which was abolished in Canada in 1976, is warranted for murder.

no it is YOU who are effete and liberal
how can the weak liberal girly man appreciate the aesthetic nihilist purity of eating a fucking baby *eats baby*
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
To kill a man in a paroxysm of passion is understandable, but to have him killed by someone else after calm and serious meditation and on the pretext of duty honourably discharged is incomprehensible.
No opinion lol

Crow posted:

No opinion lol

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

It's pretty despicable how so many countries run by liberal elites refuse to bend to the will of their people on this issue...."oh the masses can't be trusted with concepts of justice"

well, when the "masses" are made up of privileged white labor aristocrats who are more likely to equate oppressed minorities with "anti-social elements"...

HenryKrinkle posted:

well, when the "masses" are made up of privileged white labor aristocrats who are more likely to equate oppressed minorities with "anti-social elements"...

"Brazilians' support for death penalty at 14-year high - 55 % of Brazilians support instituting the death penalty, which does not exist in Brazil, according to the Datafolha survey published in the Folha de S. Paulo newspaper, Brazil's largest"

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/international-polls-and-studies

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/10342/south_africans_support_death_penalty/

(Angus Reid Global Scan) – Many adults in South Africa believe capital punishment should be implemented again, according to a poll by Research Surveys. 72 per cent of respondents believe the government should bring back the death penalty.
fair enough
It's certainly impoverished in values, in emotional stability. It's civilisation gone awry. It has to do with the state of civilisation, and it's not only Texas and not only the United States. It's happening throughout the world right now.

What to you is the single biggest signifier of a decaying civilisation?

It's a complex thing, but partially it has to do with dwindling family values. Cohesion of the family is coming apart and that's a very serious problem, and it's not a problem that America is facing alone. Parental guidance, education, loss of structure, that's where the decay lies.

acephalousuniverse posted:

To kill a man in a paroxysm of passion is understandable, but to have him killed by someone else after calm and serious meditation and on the pretext of duty honourably discharged is incomprehensible.

this is meaningless. to imprison a man because you want to rape him is understandable, but to have him imprisoned by someone else after meditation on duty blah blah blah

jeffery posted:

It's certainly impoverished in values, in emotional stability. It's civilisation gone awry. It has to do with the state of civilisation, and it's not only Texas and not only the United States. It's happening throughout the world right now.

It's a complex thing, but partially it has to do with dwindling family values. Cohesion of the family is coming apart and that's a very serious problem, and it's not a problem that America is facing alone. Parental guidance, education, loss of structure, that's where the decay lies.

huh? i would have thought that death for transgressors was a pretty established thing in human civilization

permanent exile

Impper posted:

permanent exile

it doesn't really work these days because they can still just do shit over the internet.

like there was a thread on SA about a guy who lived at the south pole base and his lifestyle was essentially identical to a shut-in nerd anywhere else

that seems interesting I guess if you start to think about how much of the internet is a part of a state's 'community' ; or if, for example, somebody operating in south Africa ripping off americans would be under an American jurisdiction
this is now the sandy hook conspiracy thread

Impper posted:

that seems interesting I guess if you start to think about how much of the internet is a part of a state's 'community' ; or if, for example, somebody operating in south Africa ripping off americans would be under an American jurisdiction

i don't think anyone's quite figured that out yet yeah

as sad as this is tho, if i ever have access to the internet i don't think i could ever consider myself exiled

jeffery posted:

huh? i would have thought that death for transgressors was a pretty established thing in human civilization

human civilization history

jeffery posted:

jeffery posted:

so China under Mao isn't "civilized"?......you racist

you could put rfid chips in everybody and restrict people nationally based on bio-IP or some-such nonsense. commit an unconscionable crime? welcome to the IP ban b*tch
"could"

jeffery posted:

jeffery posted:

nah all im sayin is that we should move beyond capital punishment. have you seen Into the Abyss?

jeffery posted:

jeffery posted:

jeffery posted:

nah all im sayin is that we should move beyond capital punishment. have you seen Into the Abyss?

I watched it recently and it didn't really affect my ambivalence about the issue. I thought it was a great movie but i wasn't like "oh no this poor guy is going to be killed what an indictment on society".....the dude on death row got a wife, a kid, he's passed on his genes. That's a lot better than a lot of men do so it's not really like this sad story or anything

Impper posted:

you could put rfid chips in everybody and restrict people nationally based on bio-IP or some-such nonsense. commit an unconscionable crime? welcome to the IP ban b*tch

i wonder if obama actually has that "internet kill switch"

it seems like it would be really easy to restrict the internet. idk why they don't just do it. there'll always be the nerds who skirt around the restrictions but the harder you make it the less interested anybody will be in doing it.

I guess I don't care at all about this "issue"
here's a cool image from the branch davidians at waco, tx:

solidarity 4 life

HenryKrinkle posted:

solidarity 4 life

i watched Rules of Engagement recently and was gobsmacked. Waco is one of those things from the hazy memories of my early childhood and i had no idea about the sheer malevolence of the government's actions

it's justified when practiced with the will of the people; unjustified when the law is subsumed under capitalist class concerns

HenryKrinkle posted:

solidarity 4 life

i watched Rules of Engagement recently and was gobsmacked. Waco is one of those things from the hazy memories of my early childhood and i had no idea about the sheer malevolence of the government's actions

if the government hadn't stepped up some kind of a lynch mob would have eventually formed, though. they were offensive to the community

every person in waco deserved to die, then and today

Goethestein posted:

acephalousuniverse posted:

this is meaningless. to imprison a man because you want to rape him is understandable, but to have him imprisoned by someone else after meditation on duty blah blah blah

yeah lots of sentences are meaningless if you replace words in them in a way that makes no sense

the point is that i'm not against the extra-legal killing of oppressors by the oppressed (i.e. im not a liberal pacifist) but i think state-controlled and rationalized capital punishment doled out by a court system based on fallible evidence is bad

basically i defer to robespierre on this issue