http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55662685-78/gun-utah-sheriffs-association.html.csp *Ford Contradiction Supercab 5.7 L hemi accelerates out of the parking lot*
can a state really exist w/o its agents having a monopoly on force? if a state requires (and/or is) force, then in the modern context where guns are the realization of the state's force, if literally every single person had a gun, knew how to use it as well as any police officer and was just as willing to, would there really exist a state in the conventional sense, since it would have no practical power to coerce?

i suppose one could argue that a state in that scenario still has the threat of bureaucratic revenge, or of organized violence over time -- a long, institutional memory which doesn't forget your misdeeds -- but in a particular moment where someone comes over to take your shit and it's just you & your gun vs them & their gun, i think it would be cold comfort...

HenryKrinkle posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2862645

kylejack

drwhat posted:

can a state really exist w/o its agents having a monopoly on force?

yes, one example of a such a state is the United States of America

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2862645

kylejack

for real

First you say that the Whitest Kids You Know is better than Kids in the Hall and now this shit?

Self-terminate.

I hate to agree with kylejack, but he's absolutely right. The bunned-hair + glasses + nice rack look is fucking mesmerizing. You're pretty much wrong on this. And she'd look good with her hair down, fyi. That's a damn good looking governor, period.

What i'm saying is i'd fuck the shit out of her either way. goddamn gorgeous woman. fuck goons.
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

I hate to agree with kylejack, but he's absolutely right. The bunned-hair + glasses + nice rack look is fucking mesmerizing. You're pretty much wrong on this. And she'd look good with her hair down, fyi. That's a damn good looking governor, period.

What i'm saying is i'd fuck the shit out of her either way. goddamn gorgeous woman. fuck goons.

I had the adopted daughter of the conservative state Premier, Richard Court seriously trying to get her drunken hands on my cock.

But she was waaay too young and she was a loving constervative.......

Still I would of loved to have been able to go up to him and shook his hand whilst staring him in the eyes saying "I hosed your daughter, and Im a communist"

hmmmm, nice story monstaR but needs more talesof bashing the fash and living in trees and working with cops
why in the everloving fuck is there such epic milfery going in politics today
hie thee to a milfery anon
Paul Virilio speed & politic:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p07udcfk3xbldav

new age music for suicide bombers:

[account deactivated]
grover is in another thread arguing that nobody has ever heard of Pele
The, Pele? lol
In reference to the famous "everybody stood up and clapped" post:

Whoa, blast from the past. This event is still referenced by people who were there, and every time we have a bonfire one of my sisters will always bring it up and tell it. I got my "neighborhood political expert" rep from it and pretty much turned my whole neighborhood blue and registered to vote over the next 4 years of parties and conversations. Just in time to lose our county to Romney by the razor-thin margin of ~73%-27%!

BTW Navy guy came back to another party 2 years later and admitted he was wrong and actually thought Obama was doing a pretty good job. I gave him a beer and he gave me a cigarette and we agreed to put aside our past differences and join together in saying gently caress the Florida Gators.

lmao

[account deactivated]
iwc
unironically

tpaine posted:

who is joshua faust

shithead who writes for the atlantic

http://www.france24.com/en/20130122-prince-harry-has-mental-problem-taliban
AFP - Britain's Prince Harry, who compared shooting insurgents in Afghanistan to playing video games, "has probably developed a mental problem", the Taliban said Tuesday.

"There are 49 countries with their powerful military failing in the fight against the mujahideen, and now this prince comes and compares this war with his games, PlayStation or whatever he calls it," Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told AFP
I LIke How contemporary military video games are basically at the point of releasing new versions every year like EA Sports and Madden, with basically nothing but incrementally more realistic spin moves/death animations, updated rosters/equipment inventories and new unlockable easter eggs

why in the everloving fuck is there such epic milfery going in politics today

still waiting for an answer on this

Why is there not a Milf thread yet?
Pages: 1 2 »
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Is there a universal human (and perhaps animal?) nature?
[account deactivated]
my sons name is also maort
"Dr. King would be proud to see our Global Strike team - comprised of Airmen, civilians and contractors from every race, creed, background and religion - standing side-by-side ensuring the most powerful weapons in the US arsenal remain the credible bedrock of our national defense"
[account deactivated]
foustian bargain
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

who is joshua faust

shithead who writes for the atlantic

dont sign ur posts
[account deactivated]
dont sign ur posts
[account deactivated]
The military "justice" thread is closed so Im going to leave these quotes from this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529841 here.
One of the weirder things I ever dealt with was when we had a few detainees that were going through some SERIOUS opiate withdrawals. If you don't know, heroin and opium and what not are huge in Afghanistan. That shit is everywhere, and there are some real addiction issues.

Now I myself have been known to.. enjoy opiates. I had a bit of a problem with them, to be honest. Mostly morphine/oxycontin. Our COP didn't exactly have a full scale medical clinic, and the one doc we had was a PA who just handed shit out like crazy. Well me and the other intel guy get stuck doing detainee watch / care (this was before detainee ops got to be so fucking tightly controlled) and the PA was having us give these local taliban asshole this stuff call suboxone to help keep their withdrawal symptoms from being too bad.

Wellllll, nobody is piss testing you on a COP in the middle of nowhere, it's just not gonna happen. So I say fuck you detainee, and I start taking 'em myself. My partner in crime even took one.. Anyway, we didn't give those guys any of their withdrawal medications for the 4 days we had 'em there. The one dude started acting really weird and erratic and drooling and shit, he was an old guy, I don't even think he was Taliban, just Taliban by association or whatever. When we finally ship them off to Bagram, we get a report back the next day saying that the old dude had a severe stroke from opiate withdrawals and was just a rung or two up from Terri Schiavo. (The Doc's own words)

I won't lie, I laughed. But it was pretty fucked up that like, as soon as he wasn't going to die right then and there, but was still a mush brain bowl of mixed veggies, they literally put him in one of those afghan convoy taxi's to go back toward JBAD. You just know he didn't make it all the way there, they dumped his ass on the side of a dusty road somewhere.

That was pretty messed up I guess. Funny, but messed up.