this morning i went to work, quit, signed on for welfare, applied for school and went to the beach

i would like to sincerely thank all my rhizzone pals old and new, and particularly the recent torrent of sarcastic job-worshipping, for crystallizing my frustrated alienation into positive action.

we're all in this together now

what are yuo studying, and more importantly will it help you Get a Job?
i hope it isnt science related iwc... i want you to stay humble like you are now
lol you can quit a job and then get welfare ahahaha I hate America so fucking much

wasted posted:

lol you can quit a job and then get welfare ahahaha I hate America so fucking much

yup, i get 'newstart' which is 500 a fortnight (doesn't go that far) and they make you pretend to apply for jobs, then when i start school i change to 'austudy' which is similar but without the charade of looking for work.

You can work like 15-20 hours or something too

[account deactivated]

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

i hope it isnt science related iwc... i want you to stay humble like you are now

Human geography/Urban studies

it somewhat awkwardly sits in the science faculty though lol

tpaine posted:

JESUS CHRIST THAT IS A REDBACK EGGSACK IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNOR OF THE PICTURE AND YOU WERE ALMOST CERTAINLY BITTEN BY A MOTHER REDBACK LURKING IN THE SAND IWC GET TO A HOSPITAL ASAP MATE

nah if you go to an australian hospital for just a spider bite the doctors call you a leb poofter while the nurses sarcastically offer to tend to your 'grievous' wounds with hurtful expressions of mock concern.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

best of luck and please don't talk about global warming if only for the sake of what career you might have

[account deactivated]

wasted posted:

best of luck and please don't talk about global warming if only for the sake of what career you might have

tyvm and good advice.

i'm going in with an open mind and humility and some trepidation. I don't want to romanticize university education but after 3 years on the white collar production line it'll seem like renaissance Florence.

tpaine posted:

tpaine posted:

JESUS CHRIST THAT IS A REDBACK EGGSACK IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNOR OF THE PICTURE AND YOU WERE ALMOST CERTAINLY BITTEN BY A MOTHER REDBACK LURKING IN THE SAND IWC GET TO A HOSPITAL ASAP MATE

nah if you go to an australian hospital for just a spider bite the doctors call you a leb poofter while the nurses sarcastically offer to tend to your 'grievous' wounds with hurtful expressions of mock concern.

i guess i can see that since the waiting room is probably full of people who've lost limbs to crocks or been disemboweled by cassowaries or scalped by drop bears and then you mince into the office with this little life-threatening welt on your arm and they're just like nah, you need to break a windshield or two mate before we'll even consider lookin' at ya

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/you-die-real-quick-snake-handlers-appeal-after-daughter-bitten-20130521-2jy2y.html

"A video of part of that demonstration depicts the applicant (Mr Hoser) intentionally causing two snakes, a death adder and an inland taipan, to bite his 12-year-old daughter.

"In total, approximately seven bites were inflicted by the two snakes, sufficient to draw blood."

The judge said Mr Hoser's commentary during the event included:

"When we do a show like this what would be the worst thing is if a kid got bitten. If a kid got bitten at one of our shows holy moly, however we are the only guaranteed snake show in the country. Going to do the worse case situation. Which is a snake bite. Do you want to be a volunteer? Got a yes there – where is the mother? Anyway I am actually the father here. Going to bring up my wonderful daughter Adelyn– she has never actually been bitten by a snake in her life. She has seen me get bitten a few times ... if you get bitten by one of these you're dead pretty quick.

"We have a permit for this by the way. You die real quick. The reason we're doing this is just to show we are safe. The reason is a rival operator who is trying to undermine us is saying that our snakes have regenerated venom which is not possible. These guys have had key hole surgery and their venom has been removed. Now of course if I get to ... and then they bite her, make the snakes bite her, she should be dead in about 2 minutes. If she is still standing at the end of this show, we know that they have not re-generated

"You will see some blood. Couple of spots of blood here. Ready set go. Ready set go. Couple of spots of blood. In theory she should be passing out in about 10-15 seconds, get your stop watches out. The worse thing that could happen is if you killed your own kid during a snake show. Obviously you would not want to do that. Do not try that at home kids. You can see how she is bleeding – there is something. You see when you are bitten by a venomous reptile of any sort is swelling. No venom, no swelling but she is bleeding. She can go to school next week and say she got bitten by the world's deadliest snake."

Judge Jenkins said in her view, Mr Hoser had demonstrated a tenuous understanding of his responsibilities under the Wildlife Demonstrators Licence and displayed a contempt and reckless disregard for the licence conditions.

what are yuo studying, and more importantly will it help you Get a Job?

part of the course is GIS, geographic information system, which is kind of a fancy-pants way of talking about mapping. I fukken love maps and always have and i figure that this is a feasibly-marketable skill i can learn while also being able to indulge in academic and theoretical stuff to do with cities and development and such.

my girlfriend (who does sociology and is protective of it while being critical of everything else) said 'find whatever it is that you don't troll about and can't help but post sincerely on' and i looked at my post history on a cities forum and it's full of earnest questions and comments about trains and architecture and socioeconomic segregation and i was like welp.

yeah i remember you posting a lot in a "guess the city from photos" thread in SA-LF. glad your following your dream.

fuck yeah trains
objective facts hmmmmm it sounds uncomfortably scientific you big hypocrite

the recent torrent of sarcastic job-worshipping

[account deactivated]
i fucking love TRAINS!
ur gf knows you do compulsive internet trolling and probably stood by and watched while you drew a message to an internet forum in the sand + a big heart around it. she seems cool (or desperate)

deadken posted:

ur gf knows you do compulsive internet trolling and probably stood by and watched while you drew a message to an internet forum in the sand + a big heart around it. she seems cool (or desperate)

she goes onto the australian reddit forums and explains her concept of 'multicultural citizenship' whose central concept is the right of ethnic minorities to rob white australians in the street for reparations, i've never seen so many downvotes.......3 messages into our okcupid courting she called Sarkozy a 'Jew Fag' and i've been In Love ever since....

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
if your gf isnt reviewing your rhizzone posts or trading law and order dog youtubes with you then what on earth are you doing
luckily rhizzone is enragingly incomprehensible and pointless to my gf
my gf has no online presence whatsoever besides netflix and lookjng for pics of cute wild animals. what's the deal with minorities
ya my gf just sort of watches me intermittently read LF and doesnt say anything but sometimes she'll say someones avatar is cool
she hated khamseks osamacat av tho

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

she hated khamseks osamacat av tho

sever

i used to read the zzone around my last gf and she too thought it was pointless and incomprehensible. needless to say, severance was made.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

3 messages into our okcupid courting she called Sarkozy a 'Jew Fag' and i've been In Love ever since....

catch it if you can

http://i.ur.com/q2ZabxL.jpg

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life
When I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord, "You promised me, Lord,
That if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
There have only been one set of prints in the sand.
Why, When I have needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"Get A Job"

[account deactivated]
I HAD £250,000 WORTH OF COSMETIC SURGERIES TO MAKE MY DICK LOOK LIKE A SCALE REPLICA OF A 1986 PENDLEBROOK 445-6A LOCOMOTIVE AND THAT'S NOT COUNTING THE HOURS I SPENT GETTING ALL THE DETAILS TATTOOED ON. DON'T FUCK WITH ME WHEN IT COMES TO TRAINS BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE TRAINS!
you could say i'm, uh, "trans-train"
traingendered