ironic vanity must first be territorialized and populated before discussion on angular inherency can oecur. like the electoral districts scribbled by the first gerrymander to rise from the sea, rigging votes using crude aqueduct circuitry.
A Brief History of Geotrauma or: The Invention of Negarestani
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Esperanto_speaker
Menachem Binyamin Zivotofsky is a United States citizen born on October 17, 2002 in Jerusalem. In December 2002, Zivotofsky's mother filed an application for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and a United States passport for petitioner, listing his place of birth as "Jerusalem, Israel." United States diplomatic officials informed petitioner's mother that State Department policy required them to record "Jerusalem" as petitioner's place of birth, which is how petitioner's place of birth appears in the documents he received.

On his behalf, Zivotofsky's parents filed this suit against the Secretary of State seeking an order compelling the State Department to identify petitioner’s place of birth as "Jerusalem, Israel" in the official documents. The United States District Court for the District of Columbia initially dismissed the complaint after concluding that petitioner lacked standing, and that the complaint raised a nonjusticiable political question. United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit reversed and remanded, concluding that petitioner had standing and that a more complete record was needed on the foreign policy implications of recording "Israel" as Zivotofsky's place of birth.

On remand, the State Department explained, among other things, that in the present circumstances if "Israel" were to be recorded as the place of birth of a person born in Jerusalem, such "unilateral action" by the United States on one of the most sensitive issues in the negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians "would critically compromise" the United States' ability to help further the Middle East peace process. The district court again dismissed on political question grounds. The court of appeals affirmed, holding that Zivotofsky's claim is foreclosed because it raises a nonjusticiable political question.

gyrofry posted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Esperanto_speaker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcaicam_Esperantom

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=42d_1323108150
FARC currently holds 11 police and soldiers with the goal of trading them for the several hundred imprisoned guerrillas. It is also believed to be holding up to 300 civilians for ransom.

Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos responded that he would not trade hostages for imprisoned guerrillas, but indicated that he was open to a future dialogue if the Marxist group demonstrated "true political will".
Manas is a victim of the Kyrgyzstani people's pro-Russia orientation: Opinion polls in Kyrgyzstan have shown that close to half the population views Manas negatively, "as a symbol of US aspirations for global domination", according to the Congressional Research Service.

babyfinland posted:
FARC currently holds 11 police and soldiers with the goal of trading them for the several hundred imprisoned guerrillas. It is also believed to be holding up to 300 civilians for ransom.

Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos responded that he would not trade hostages for imprisoned guerrillas, but indicated that he was open to a future dialogue if the Marxist group demonstrated "true political will".

Spoiler!
"Yes, I've never seen anything quite like it," he replied with the sang froid that had won the English an empire.
"Not bad," I thought, "for someone whose lebenswelt lies in tatters."
i wrote a song on the weekend about an old lady submitting a write-in vote for stalin for her dead husband on election day. pretty happy with it i guess
[account deactivated]
Ethiopia, eh?!?!?
[account deactivated]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disability-related_terms_with_negative_connotations
[account deactivated]
“I’m disappointed in Obama,” complained Steve Jobs, according to Walter Isaacson’s new biography.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Edited by gyrofry ()

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/dec/12/germany-economy
The United States Department of State states that its reason for banning LTTE as a proscribed terrorist group is based on allegations that LTTE does not respect human rights and that it does not adhere to the standards of conduct expected of a resistance movement or what might be called "freedom fighters".

I was really pleased to find an old essay by Sylvere Lothringer which explained how they wanted people to use Semiotexte books for speculative acceleration. Instead, people started using these text to prove their moral superiority, saying "You are wrong, you have misunderstood Foucault." They used theory for prestige, to block speculation. That is why so many artists used to resent theory. You would get these lame pieces, somebody trying to apply Heidegger to Parliament-Funkadelic because they had seen the word "ontology" on a cover, instead of taking Parliament to read Heidegger. They always did it the other way round. Theory wasn't being used to pluralize, to see that there was theory everywhere you looked, and everywhere you listened.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
The generation of people who are now at the age of fifty cannot expect to see a communist society. This generation will be gone before then. But the generation of those who are now fifteen will see a communist society, and will itself build this society. This generation should know that the entire purpose of their lives is to build a communist society. -October 2, 1920

‎"those to whom it is bequeathed as, more often than not, a painful burden, a guilt-inducing voice commanding obedience and demanding the sacrifice of the comfortable pursuit of pleasure-orientated inclinations."

sounds like an accurate prediction
"During the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella, the Crown of Castille, freed at last from the plague of civil war, was to launch out on a career of conquest both in Spain itself and overseas."
"Type: FLS-8K Flashman" AWWW YEAH
[account deactivated]
'taken away'. If that were true of sorrows, I'd be the happiest of men; for I take all my troubles in advance and still they all stay behind.

lol fuck