did it bother you to do it

gyrofry was probated until (March 21, 2012 16:12:23) for this post!

shennong posted:
i need to think more about my questions, i think!! do you know of any good anthropological/historical surveys of gender relations/patriarchy? like is there an accepted grand narrative of the rise of patriarchy in human societies? i remember graeber had an interesting aside in Debt where he talked about how patriarchy could be seen, partially, as a consequence of the use of debt etc but it didn't seem that fleshed out.

also i def wasn't saying that SA/SEA has gender equitable societies generally but rather that there is a large variation in the extent of gender equity between societies in that region (particularly in the zomian massif) which would be interesting to look at in terms of the effects on their integration into global capitalism (to the extent that's happened)

i donno of a good serious work but a good marxoteen one is silvia feredici's caliban adn the witch

babyfinland was probated until (March 23, 2012 15:43:15) for this post!

gyrofry posted:
did it bother you to do it

um in the sense of like 'i dont want to apply too much pressure' and 'i don't usually associate pain/discomfort with fuckin' then yes. ofc I wasn't like 'oh man i hope that im not committing an anti-feminist act right now' or anything I just was kinda thinking of the implications of it later. that was the first time since i was in hs dating crazy punk chicks that i was asked to do it and back then i'd refuse.

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

deadken posted:
contemporary western gender relations are iirc to a large extent a product of the industrial revolution

deadken posted:
it seems like in the third world imperialism is having its cake and eating it, maintaining the patriarchal work/home distinction but directly extracting value from home-work rather than allowing domestic labour to just be employed in the reproduction of the working class.

I don't understand what you are getting at here. Can you elaborate.

bleh this is all from a class i took a while back on the industrial revolution society + literature, i'll try to dig up some of the relevant articles

babyfinland posted:

shennong posted:
i need to think more about my questions, i think!! do you know of any good anthropological/historical surveys of gender relations/patriarchy? like is there an accepted grand narrative of the rise of patriarchy in human societies? i remember graeber had an interesting aside in Debt where he talked about how patriarchy could be seen, partially, as a consequence of the use of debt etc but it didn't seem that fleshed out.

also i def wasn't saying that SA/SEA has gender equitable societies generally but rather that there is a large variation in the extent of gender equity between societies in that region (particularly in the zomian massif) which would be interesting to look at in terms of the effects on their integration into global capitalism (to the extent that's happened)

i donno of a good serious work but a good marxoteen one is silvia feredici's caliban adn the witch

does marxoteen imply "not scholarly" or just "more polemic than data"

shennong posted:

babyfinland posted:

shennong posted:

does marxoteen imply "not scholarly" or just "more polemic than data"

the latter. i mean it makes a good case its just a clearly prejudiced argument

aight thats cool then i will check it. thx for the recco
ive watched/read/observed a few debates between 1st vs 3rd world feminists & found them to be incredibly illuminating on a bunch of issues.

discipline i think youre pretty familiar with this riff, would u have any vids/articles/books (for free download if possible plz) that ud recommend?
[account deactivated]
downloaded & had a skim thru, looks rockin indeed

its such a rich vein of interaction & i learn a lot from it so thankS!
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/raim0007/RaeSpot/under%20wstrn%20eyes.pdf
http://www.klari.net/ingrid/articles/femtheo.html
[account deactivated]
ham?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

Miriama Demcáčová's 2009 piece "break free from the pack" plays looping pieces of a birth control commercial for an unbearable amount of time. The viewer is commanded: "again!", "and repeat!". In the final frames we are presented with the announcer now repeating the 'suggestion': "It's time to break free from the pack" against four eye-like boxframes suggesting surveillance and domination with what almost sounds like distorted tortured wailing in the audio background. Good work A++

Crow posted:

michael fassbender is great in that

[account deactivated]
I am a transwomans ally but a devout misogynist. can I post in the womens thread???!?!
i hate the woman that i am supposed to be
lol i've blocked out all memories of SA and im much happier for it
So this just came up on my feed from an aquaintance, should I educate them or is saying that rape isn't funny mansplaining?

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
So this just came up on my feed from an aquaintance, should I educate them or is saying that rape isn't funny mansplaining?

this is a chance of a lifetime

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Full Body Rape = Bliss. Fully Body Rape. Really Good. Full Body Rape MMMMMMMMM

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
you hate the term boyfriend because it denies your true self
[account deactivated]
i like it cause it sounds like i've got a partner in crime
me and khamsek are from the south so we don't have to say girlfriend or boyfriend, it's much easier to just say 'cousin,' right getfiscal / jools / the rest of you bigots?

discipline posted:
I was reading the original LF Womens Thread (that I came up with) and I think it's funny how at first it was only women allowed to post there, then only transwomen + their women allies, and then finally men were allowed to post there. LMao what a trainwreck

i cant imagine being such a baby that i need my own thread away from people who are sympathetic to my opinion but not members of my subgroup

just call him MY GUY and go off in the rest of the e"male" in cockney rhyming slang. Bosh moff me bobb
I like to say 'boyfriend' but Im single atm, anyway.