getfiscal posted:
alex are you denying that trans women will swing around their dongs in group showers, causing all the real women to break down forever. some may go into women's restrooms and flop their dicks on the counter like in boogie nights and then force people with XX chromosomes to do cocaine bumps off of it. let's just have an honest debate about this.

i have to admit, that's fucked up, but it's also true.

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
I mean in the way where womanhood is seen as an amalgamation of medical conditions: hormone levels, fertility cycles, caesarians, valium, breast implants, special parts of the brain, elasticity or softness of the skin, shininess of the hair, and so on my friends

what do you see womanhood as

Capitalism, my guy
Wow, that was BAD timing for that post!!
i was running a women's arts and crafts night at the community centre one day and a guy in a dress came in and all the women broke down crying and then said that their right to express themselves had been destroyed and people always complain about freedom of speech in muslim countries but at least they don't have to deal with some dude sauntering into finger paint time and ruining what could be the greatest collective art project since the building of the pyramids
[account deactivated]
What did you do about it?
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
I don't think of myself as a woman

show's over, folks

Science is the tree of death
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

Lessons posted:
that honestly depends what you mean.

I mean in the way where womanhood is seen as an amalgamation of medical conditions: hormone levels, fertility cycles, caesarians, valium, breast implants, special parts of the brain, elasticity or softness of the skin, shininess of the hair, and so on my friends

i'm not sure if i'd call that medicalization or if it's particularly new, but let's say we accept that, where does the trans thing come in?

Skylark posted:
I like to say 'boyfriend' but Im single atm, anyway.

I like to use the terms "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" because I am literally a teenager. What's your excuse??

discipline posted:
Why do you think it's okay to let a rapist with a penis into a place with vulnerable women who have most likely been victims of sexual abuse Thug Lessons. Why do you hate women so much. Why do you want them to be raped. Smfh

As opposed to a rapist without a penis, who would be readily allowed into a place with women who have most likely been victims of sexual abuse. Herpily derpily.

[account deactivated]
treatment of gender dysphoria with medical procedures proven to work.
Upvote, Downvote, leftvote, rightvote. Oh how all the votes commence when cyclone boy sits on the fence.

discipline posted:

littlegreenpills posted:
what do you see womanhood as

surely it obviously means different things to different people, personally I don't think of myself as a woman until I'm reminded of it by, here it comes, pppppppppppatriarchy ... but I don't see what this has to do with the scientific medicalization of womanhood which is simply another method of controlling/destroying women's bodies

funny thing is its a Real Struggle getting SRS, and the uk for example is notoriously retrograde, requiring a lot more bullshit before surgery is permitted. might this not point to the problem here being the creation of womens bodies and the destruction of male ones???

CYCLONEBOY YOU HAVENT FINISHED YOUR DINNER GET OFF THE COMPUTER
i hate the internet so much.

jools posted:
CYCLONEBOY YOU HAVENT FINISHED YOUR DINNER GET OFF THE COMPUTER

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
I'm not even talking about SRS yet can you guys back down for a second

well that aside, might i be on to something?

discipline posted:
If it's not medicalization of the condition of being woman then what would you call it

a lot of those things don't seem like medical conditions at all, and some have a history of being associated with womanhood before the modern era. but again i'm willing to accept the terminology enough, i want to see where you're going with this.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

Lessons posted:
a lot of those things don't seem like medical conditions at all, and some have a history of being associated with womanhood before the modern era. but again i'm willing to accept the terminology enough, i want to see where you're going with this.

Right, but what do you call it when scientific medicine is used to fight stuff like aging, ugliness, periods, baby having, etc, used to explain stuff like propensity towards shopping or picking pink because that's the color of berries? Whatever you know what I mean. That's medicalizing womanhood right?

ya i was gonna say capitalism brought em into the scientific fold pretty Fucking quickly

discipline posted:
No because SRS is not so much a thing that is destroying women's bodies and more of a consequence of medicalizing womanhood.

hmmmmm

[account deactivated]
well surely its more a consequence of essentialising womanhood than medicalising it
& its the way our Rational Western Minds deal with essence i guess
[account deactivated]
the recognition of gender dysphoria as a Real Problem is pretty deeply linked from the burgeoning acceptance and publicisation over the last thirty years of Really Existing Femalebrains and Malebrains by Real Neuropsychologists Et Cetera, which is a symptom of a fundamentally political reaction against women's liberation? help me
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
one day i will go to catholic confession and admit i posted on the internet about really stupid things and he'll give me like seven hundred prayers to say and tell me to whip my back every easter or whatever and i'll still need jesus blood to save me

discipline posted:
Right, but what do you call it when scientific medicine is used to fight stuff like aging, ugliness, periods, baby having, etc, used to explain stuff like propensity towards shopping or picking pink because that's the color of berries? Whatever you know what I mean. That's medicalizing womanhood right?

okay sure, but are you including ob/gyn, ultrasounds and induced labor in all this, or are you setting up Good Women's Medicine and Medicalization Of Womanhood in separate categories?

mens brains think like this, and womens brains think like this

discipline posted:

Lessons posted:
hmmmmm

Spit it out then, what would you call it when it takes getting SRS in order to obtain certain government documents lol

you think people have SRS to obtain government documents?

Lessons posted:

discipline posted:

okay sure, but are you including ob/gyn, ultrasounds and induced labor in all this, or are you setting up Good Women's Medicine and Medicalization Of Womanhood in separate categories?

uh broheitsef why do you think stuff liek birthing pools is popular