it's symptomatic of how dumb religion is that i can be linked to what is described as a TAKEDOWN of God is Not Great by hitchens - a warmongering neocon who died of chainsmoking and whom anyone relatively sapient could own without trying - and the best they can muster is the same old "he doesn't know anything about theology" and "it's easy for hitchens to say religion is dumb when he hasn't read any uhh i dunno Fraig Brembus"
Change goats name to The_Boouring_Identity
trump inviting #1 seed all time rhizzone poster "Rodrigo Duerte" to the white house has revealed to me yet again that liberals are fundamentally both ignorant and just plain dumb as fuck which is funny with how much they posture baout being the reality driven community

There was a time when the U.S. condemned condoned extrajudicial killings, not rewarded them with official mention. That time was 103 days seconds ago.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a Tuesday interview that the Democratic Party should not impose its view of abortion on its candidates.

“This is the Democratic Party. This is not a rubber-stamp party,” Pelosi told The Washington Post.

“I grew up Nancy D’Alesandro, in Baltimore Maryland; in Little Italy; in a very devout Catholic family; fiercely patriotic; proud of our town and heritage, and staunchly Democratic," she continued. "Most of those people — my family, extended family — are not pro-choice. You think I’m kicking them out of the Democratic Party?”

Pelosi argued that abortion is a "fading issue" within the party and said it should not impose ideological tests on its candidates.

“In our caucus, one thing unifies us: our values about working families,” she told the Post. “Some people are more or less enthusiastic about this issue or that issue or that issue. They’ll go along with the program, but their enthusiasm is about America’s working families.”
pelosi: principles, haha, *points at the reporter's shoes* WHAT ARE THOSE haha it's what the teens do these days
whole thing is worth reading but lol

https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/68xgmw/senior_arizona_lawmaker_teachers_should_expect_to/dh26q5n/

2: Arizona has opened the doors wide open for charter schools to jump in and provide education. Charter schools are literally EVERYWHERE now, and they're gutting public school enrollment in the process. Worse yet, many of those charters are deliberately manipulating the enrollment process to ensure they do not have to educate poor and underprivileged students.

How does a "public" school do this? Let me give you an example. Many charter schools do not offer bus service. This means parents are required to drive their children to school in order to go to these charter schools. I sat in a meeting at one of these charter schools where the powers-that-be within the school were concerned that "bad" students and english language learning students (read: hispanic students) might still come to the school because they could bicycle or walk to school.

The solution? The school set up a policy where students cannot walk or cycle to school, and they removed all bicycle parking. They did it under the claim that they were interested in student safety, and that riding or walking to school was un-safe. If you can't drive your child to the school (because you're working or otherwise occupied), your child can't go to that school.

It had the intended effect. In a city filled with diversity, this school is incredibly monochromatic.

I was appalled, but the leadership at the school cheered and celebrated this decision.

wth
http://observer.com/2017/05/mark-zuckerberg-running-for-president-photos
There's one thing i know for sure: no one is going to vote for the nerdy boyfaced tech dipshit
Democrats will lol
Zuckerburg can win though, if they choose Drew Curtis as their vp
I like the alternative hypothesis that he's not running for pres but is just engaging in a Normie Tour like an alien who wants to experience humanity

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

he almost looks human
YeAh this 5 foot tall 17 year old named "Zukerburg" is going to be president

Edited by Keven ()

[account deactivated]

The photos come from his personal resolution for 2017, which he announced in January as a mission to visit and meet people in every U.S. state by the end of the year.

In Hawaii he should meet the people he's forcing off their land to build his mansion and private beach. Without security guards.

Agnus_Dei posted:

Genuine Catholics, i.e. the ones who hold to Catholic doctrines and go to church, welcome and celebrate conversion. Lapsed Catholics just see it as a peculiar ethnic thing they were born into, and instead identify themselves with other, more secular ideologies.

i was reading back through this thread and i'm still floored by how this post combines untruth and passive aggressiveness and it's from the one poster on this forum that i'm absolutely sure should know better

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

the two funniest things about this are 1) how if you squint you can almost imagine that Trump's offering up some profound statement about no one watching the watchers 2) how no amount of squinting would convince even the guy saying it that Bush "said" that aphorism instead of hearing it from some version of his Dad. tonight's posts have been brought to you by pre gaming Cinco de mayo good night and God bless.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/04/politics/clinton-pac-resistance-trump/

the future sure ain't what i expected, but in retrospect, it seems obvious now

never mind surviving the industrial destruction of your own planet, or nuclear proliferation, how do intelligent species survive the consequences of a bourgeoisie (grand and petit) completely removed from the existence of the proletariat via technology and disinterest

or maybe they've always been like this and we just get to see now, and they don't know enough to realize the more we see the more we want to fuck it/them up

some people have written here about how revolutions don't happen until even the upper middle classes are getting fucked over (and realize it & join in the class consciousness whether falsely or not). seems like it's becoming possible

anyone want some juice
Idk about you but I'm still pretty pumped at seeing the DPRK put a college Republican into a labor camp

cars posted:

the two funniest things about this are 1) how if you squint you can almost imagine that Trump's offering up some profound statement about no one watching the watchers

nice take

in a pre-trump universe a 2020 mark zuckeberg-chelsea clinton ticket might have seemed implausable, but now its just the thing the democrats need to reconnect with their core demographic and re-centre the political debate
ok yeah he's running

the idea that the current big baby in the big white house might be succeeded by a second smaller baby is exciting
Congressional bills posted online will have ads that automatically play videos in the middle of every page
*i am taken away by secret service for using a google product instead of a facebook product* "curses, zucced again"
Bill Clinton teams with James Patterson to write first novel

it's symptomatic of how dumb religion is that i can be linked to what is described as a TAKEDOWN of God is Not Great by hitchens - a warmongering neocon who died of chainsmoking and whom anyone relatively sapient could own without trying - and the best they can muster is the same old "he doesn't know anything about theology" and "it's easy for hitchens to say religion is dumb when he hasn't read any uhh i dunno Fraig Brembus"

it's kind of like trump's ascension when i think about it because i watched some of those debates hitchens had back when they were novel and they threw their best at him and he viciously ripped every one of them apart and "their best" wasn't some hillbilly, it was "hi i'm the archdeacon of london and i have three doctorates in theology, and magic is real because i believe it in my heart". just an impressive resume wrapped around itself in an empty cylinder waiting for a puppy to get ahold of it. one of the first UFC guys who thought a black belt in mall karate would trump tackling someone and punching him in the head. you want to own hitchens you just say "you hate muslims because they are trying to impose their beliefs on you via democracy so you tried to impose your beliefs on them via violence except it didn't even work and now as a direct result there are more of them coming here than ever and also you are literally dying painfully thanks to your own irrationality"

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

Mr. Comey learned that he had been fired while he was addressing a group of F.B.I. employees in Los Angeles. While Mr. Comey spoke, television screens in the background began flashing the news.
Haha that's fun
CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation
what if he really was a russian agent and liberals were right and we were all stumped and cucked the whole time *piano strings*
have managed never to come across the word "nixonian" until this very moment.

what a word.

what if he really was a russian agent and liberals were right and we were all stumped and cucked the whole time *piano strings*

Read this packet of tweets about Jim Crow and rest, uh, easy, uhm, on the russian agent count anyhow

magic is real because i believe it in my heart

agreed