deadken posted:
how do i core strength without any weights except a handle of whiskey emptied of whiskey and filled with water

if you have something to lean on you can do rows with a single handle of whiskey in the same way that you would do dumbbell rows. if you get another handle you can do the equivalent of dumbbell deadlift

[account deactivated]
i can't excercise because richard "lowtakkks" kyanka closed old-lf last year or whever before that jew camera guy who owns sears tower or whatever sent me to costa rica to get my crippling knee injuries fixed. please check your privilage next time OP
[account deactivated]
exercise your arms
ken can you make this diary thread so we can criticise your progress and attempt to mold your program in ways we believe (mostly without empirical evidence, but fervently) will "work for you"
if you want a good set of calisthenic exercises, check out Convict Conditioning. you can find the pdf in the standard places, but i can email you if you want. also ken, you can get a body-weight supported pull-up bar that you can disassemble for pretty cheap.
pullup bars? feh. your room has a perfectly good light bracket doesn't it

loyellthecat22 posted:
i can't excercise because richard "lowtakkks" kyanka closed old-lf last year or whever before that jew camera guy who owns sears tower or whatever sent me to costa rica to get my crippling knee injuries fixed. please check your privilage next time OP

Kinda fucked up that sears tower owning mother fucker jew didnt help you out with this. I `ll get you a different, more different tower, owning jew, and he'll fund the next round

dont have any weights or pullup bars??

BADAS dude and music on this one. May be most imnspiring one

Make sure to get your protein real talk. 1.4 g of protein per kg of bodyweight. For real. Nutrition is the most important thing to continue muscle growth without plateauing (stalling) it.

you can work out anywhere if you actually want it. If you want it bad. If you some sort of 'revolutionary' then you know your body's a vassal which must be properly taken care of

deadken posted:
along with callisthenics for biceps training ive graduated from lifting gramsci's prison notebooks to a handle of whiskey refilled with water (i drank the whiskey). ive been doing some isometric exercises which have been working pretty well..... ive noticed that my right arm is significantly weaker than my left, it gets all shakey after a minute or so. this is annoying as im forced to interrupt the symmetry of my routine. also how do i do pullups w/o a bar. any other tips & tricks in Project Get Ken Swole are welcome. also chat about gettin swole yourselves, music to get swole to, books about gettin swole (convict conditioning, sun & steel), fighting, the philosophy of the body, fascism, etc.

Cast Away Illusions, Prepare For Struggle - Arnold Schwarzenegger

without reading the thread i'm going to recommend beast skills dot com, and learn how to do everything on there. that's really all any of us need

24 hour nazbol workout
Does anyone have stats about protein synthesis? I want to give it only 24 hour period between today's workout and tomorrow's, i had to catch up on one i lost yesterday by doing it today, and tomorrow i have to go in again because i'm with a partner. i'm wondering how much i'm losing doing that
i played pickup basketball today and almost got in a fight with my teammate because they lost us the game haha. it was the first taste of life i've had in a week
A Taste O Life Lol

babyfinland posted:
dont work out every day, do it every other day or else you will be wasting your effort. you have to have a 48 period of protein synthesis to make gains from your work out.

youer gonna have to start eating a lot too if you work out pretty seriously. but you prob dont cuz ur a little flemish reactionary.

this is nonsense depending on the sort of training you do. nobody on this forum has ever or will ever train hard enough to be in danger of overtraining

Crow posted:
Does anyone have stats about protein synthesis? I want to give it only 24 hour period between today's workout and tomorrow's, i had to catch up on one i lost yesterday by doing it today, and tomorrow i have to go in again because i'm with a partner. i'm wondering how much i'm losing doing that

what do you mean by protein synthesis? like how much additional myosin is produced after stressing a muscle fibre or sth?

i got hoop dreamz but aint enough hoop skizls
OFFICIAL RHIZZONE WORKOUT JAM:

Edited by babyfinland ()

deadken posted:

how do i core strength without any weights except a handle of whiskey emptied of whiskey and filled with water

these and all their varients:

these:

and these:

there are a thousand variants of these and ways to make em harder, but these are basically all you need homeslice

shennong posted:

Crow posted:

what do you mean by protein synthesis? like how much additional myosin is produced after stressing a muscle fibre or sth?

hmm let me think about how to put it, i mean how do i maximize hypertrophy and recovery, can i do core strength training everyday? i was under the impression that after 28 hours the muscle protein synthesis returns to normal after resistance training, meaning that its better to take a day between strength training days

Crow posted:

shennong posted:

Crow posted:

hmm let me think about how to put it, i mean how do i maximize hypertrophy and recovery, can i do core strength training everyday? i was under the impression that after 28 hours the muscle protein synthesis returns to normal after resistance training, meaning that its better to take a day between strength training days

its been a while since i read up on this stuff so dont take my word as gospel or nothin. it could very well be 24 hours (or irrelevant like impper says). in my experience taking days off in between seems to work best

babyfinland posted:
why do you frame everything in terms of personal delusions of heroic grandeur. why cant you just appreciate that exercise is good for human being. why this stuff about revolutionary. you dont revolution, you just drink beers and act gay with impper on a forum. This is nonsense. downvoting.

Crow posted:

shennong posted:

Crow posted:

it depends, of course, on how much you are stressing your muscles. you could easily train exercises requiring a great deal of balance or coordination every day, as these are more important parts of the movement. this is a case that requires "listening to your body." it also has a lot to do with how much you are taxing your CNS; for example, it would be utterly foolish to train squats, deadlifts, or bench presses every day, as these movements recruit a great deal of muscles throughout the body, as well as requiring an enormous output on your CNS. however, with something like a pullup, which at a certain point becomes a test of muscle endurance, cardiovascular ability, agility, etc. you could very well train every day and improve, since your muscles are not greatly taxed nor is your CNS under a heavy load. there is a further example in movements, such as, say, the handstand, that actually SHOULD be trained every day, as it is much more a matter of training your balance and nervous system to be in a tenuous position.

personally i don't train every day anymore, but my best gains always came when i trained daily or near-daily; perhaps i will do this once again. if you want to train a lot and maximize yourself, it is a matter of constructing a great routine and listening to your body

Impper posted:

Crow posted:

shennong posted:

Crow posted:

it depends, of course, on how much you are stressing your muscles. you could easily train exercises requiring a great deal of balance or coordination every day, as these are more important parts of the movement. this is a case that requires "listening to your body." it also has a lot to do with how much you are taxing your CNS; for example, it would be utterly foolish to train squats, deadlifts, or bench presses every day, as these movements recruit a great deal of muscles throughout the body, as well as requiring an enormous output on your CNS.

see thats what im saying. and my philosophy was to do intensive, total workouts with appropriate rest in between

Thanks a fucking lot .
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
who cares? most of the guys in the ghetto workout videos can probably jump very high and run very fast, which are why you want legs in the first place, they are not exactly going to be getting into squatting matches. in any case, the strength of the body is generated almost entirely by the core, in the hips and the abdominal, and the back keeps everything stable; and everybody in the ghetto workouts has gymnast level core strength. i'm really not sure what you're fussing over, they're not exactly frat boys sitting around bench pressing and curling
[account deactivated]
it cant be overstated how awesome that russian guy is. what a beautiful animal
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
I meant aesthetically it is strange, and not just in those videos... frat guys also generally neglect the leg and thigh. I'm sure everyone in those videos can outrun me. I don't know a lot about muscles except I can squat and dead lift my body weight

hehe idk how aesthetically strange it is, if you're talking about simply pleasing the ladies, in which case the upper body counts for most of it, and this is undeniable. functionally you need an awesome core and stable legs; having a lot of beef down there doesn't generate very much power unless you're talking about a squat. and anyway, skinny jeans are in these days

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:
because exercising for actual health and wellness is lame

agreed. i exercise for the exact opposite reason

Crow posted:

on average it's probably 36 hours, it can last for up to 72 hours if you don't eat carbs for whatever reason.

only the muscles that experienced microtrauma will have "protein synthesis" which is to say hypertrophy, and hypertrophy begins to become increasingly difficult the longer you've been training in your life.

shennong posted:
doing arms is completely worthless unless you've laid down a base of core strength. get a bar and start doing compound lifts before you waste your time doing curls or isometrics imo

not really. you don't hit your long tricep head with any presses and biceps don't get worked very much with rows, and pullups (more the brachialis with double overhand). chinups will hit your biceps pretty well but arms recover quickly and you can easily add an arm day if you wanted.

Crow posted:

shennong posted:

Crow posted:

theres close to zero actual scientific data on this from anything resembling a representative non-diseased human population and anyone who gives you a specific number is full of shit. i dont know of too many stress-induced transcriptional/translational responses that last longer than a day so 24 hours sounds about right. its not even really clear that protein synthesis returns to "normal" because over the long term you're remodelling your muscle and causing parameters like protein turnover to change. if you're training every day my guess is that the effects of fatigue (not being able to move as great a load as you otherwise would if you rested) probably trumps any problems with refractory protein synthesis

AmericanNazbro posted:

shennong posted:
doing arms is completely worthless unless you've laid down a base of core strength. get a bar and start doing compound lifts before you waste your time doing curls or isometrics imo

not really. you don't hit your long tricep head with any presses and biceps don't get worked very much with rows, and pullups (more the brachialis with double overhand). chinups will hit your biceps pretty well but arms recover quickly and you can easily add an arm day if you wanted.

yeah im not saying "dont do arms" im saying "dont spend all your time on arms if you arent doing core strength, compound lifts etc"

nutrition is dumb. im eatin moldy potato powder all day every day. the point is not to swole. the point is to suffer