[account deactivated]

palafox posted:

a bunch of my work involves leaving me physically drained at the end of the day and I do a moderate amount (3hrs a day, btwn 4-6 days a week) of sports that also wear me right out. I'm hoping to find time to lift as well for the sake of shining competitive sport dominance, but i'm way exhausted as it is, and it's hard to find energy for real life and the internet on top of this. Anyone have any diet tips or otherwise to make recovery quicker and easier?

There are things like cortisol that build up in your system from doing lots of training. You really need recovery. Without a good recovery set up you're going to plateau and never build anything. But if your'e serious about competitive sport stuff you know that you basically have to sacrifice your social life and part of your long term health to give your body what it needs to excel at some specific thing. There's a lot of literature and stuff to read um you should really do some research about recovery. I'll try and amend some links when I find them

[account deactivated]
i can work all day on cups of tea and a couple sudafeds, what on earth would you need something stronger for

palafox posted:

a bunch of my work involves leaving me physically drained at the end of the day and I do a moderate amount (3hrs a day, btwn 4-6 days a week) of sports that also wear me right out. I'm hoping to find time to lift as well for the sake of shining competitive sport dominance, but i'm way exhausted as it is, and it's hard to find energy for real life and the internet on top of this. Anyone have any diet tips or otherwise to make recovery quicker and easier?

watch this every morning when you wake up, before you go to bed and before you go to the gym, it will give you the will to power. be warned: if you were afraid of amphetamines, this is magnitudes more BAdass.

aaa

cleanhands posted:

i can work all day on cups of tea and a couple sudafeds, what on earth would you need something stronger for

i'm suee you can but why the fuck would you want to

he's a brit. it's in his blood.
dont answer a question with a question imo

ggw posted:

so am i? a cuppa is Fine + Great + everything but, amphetamines

i have love in my heart, this is all the fuel you need. i cant sleep and am up finding systematic ways to count fleas. the americans will be impressed

deadken posted:

ggw posted:

i always think of londoners as somehow foreign, in a way that i dont feel with scousers, cornish ppl etc. im not equipped to understand why

tea basically does nothing and is pointless. i can get hot smelly water out of my defective basement tap thank you
actually its delicious, will improve your health and put you in a good mood
observe the magnificently virile physique and cheery, bright disposition of the englishman

deadken posted:

impper have u tried methiopropamine. is it any good.

never tried it. all amphetamines and analogues can work, in my experience, it just colors your consciousness and thinking differently depending on what it is

imo, amphetamines aren't very conducive to great writing because amphetamines narrow your cognitive vision, focusing your mind's eye myopically in a sort of train of thought tunnel. what takes ordinary and bland writing and imbues it with a sense of great profound quality, is the uniting together of two different and seemingly unrelated ideas, and drawing them together in a sort of mental synaptic fusion of idea and imagination.

littlegreenpills posted:

tea basically does nothing and is pointless. i can get hot smelly water out of my defective basement tap thank you

dont disparage tea in this thread or you're going to get wrecked

impper, did you try that MT2 stuff?

cleanhands posted:

deadken posted:

ggw posted:

i always think of londoners as somehow foreign, in a way that i dont feel with scousers, cornish ppl etc. im not equipped to understand why

thats because we live in an entirely different world from the rest of your petty little provincial island

littlegreenpills posted:

ur a dead man

I use something a friend of mine created called “Transaction/Interaction”. The little catch phrase and purpose of this is to: “transform everyday social transactions into friendly, personalized interactions”.

Things like,

Employee: “What movie would you like to see today?”
Me: “Well, that depends. I want to see _______, but I’m concerned. Is it a chick flick? Because I don’t want to burst out in tears – I cried during the last one, it was embarrassing.”

Employee: “What kind of sandwich can I make for you today?”
Me: “Well, that depends. Do you make the best sandwich here? Because if you don’t, we have a problem.”

Both of the above examples can be used to flirt with the (cute) (female) employee.
if I wanted to drink dead leaves and water, I'd dip my cup in a gutter.

littlegreenpills posted:

I use something a friend of mine created called “Transaction/Interaction”. The little catch phrase and purpose of this is to: “transform everyday social transactions into friendly, personalized interactions”.

Things like,

Me: “Well, that depends. I want to see _______, but I’m concerned. Is it a chick flick? Because I don’t want to burst out in tears – I cried during the last one, it was embarrassing.”

Me: “Well, that depends. Do you make the best sandwich here? Because if you don’t, we have a problem.”

Both of the above examples can be used to flirt with the (cute) (female) employee.

yeah it's called playful teasing and flirting. Congrats on upping your human interaction level

AmericanNazbro posted:

imo, amphetamines aren't very conducive to great writing because amphetamines narrow your cognitive vision, focusing your mind's eye myopically in a sort of train of thought tunnel. what takes ordinary and bland writing and imbues it with a sense of great profound quality, is the uniting together of two different and seemingly unrelated ideas, and drawing them together in a sort of mental synaptic fusion of idea and imagination.

i dont think so tim

it's probably not great for fishing for ideas or style things but once you get going... man oh man
yea. amphetamines r kowl
imppor do u go out on thurs. im going to newp's, maybe
what's newps. i'm working the taste of chicago then i'm not sure, i've been itching to get some work done today and go to the gym because i've been doing 'fun' things all week, so not really into going out tonight. btw if you want a free taco come on down, you can also see me interacting with ppl who r going to the taste of chicago which is awesome. i've been told that i listen 'very intently' to people's orders. i'm an amazing banterer. it's ridiculously easy to flirt with people, i was doing it equally for gay men and for women
im the opposite, i havent had fun this week. newps is a true alcoholic's bar but somehow remarkably lame at the same time, my coworkers go there.

you doin that all weekend?
yeah, ive noticed this. i thought it was hilarious how ppl were simultaneously disgusted and intent on listening to your stories last wkend... you know the ones im talking about ahaha
story telling is a useful art
Dudes i am also going out, there, wherver that is ha. RhiZZoNe paRtEy
Anyone brought a green tea kegger?
W&W_goons.txt

One time I accidentally ingested about a gram of caffeine in about 3 hours (caffeine pill plus a 2 liter of pepsi max) and I had trouble controlling my bladder, was pissing every ten minutes or so, and just had weird feelings in general. Awful times, man.

Myfanwy posted:

palafox posted:

There are things like cortisol that build up in your system from doing lots of training. You really need recovery. Without a good recovery set up you're going to plateau and never build anything. But if your'e serious about competitive sport stuff you know that you basically have to sacrifice your social life and part of your long term health to give your body what it needs to excel at some specific thing. There's a lot of literature and stuff to read um you should really do some research about recovery. I'll try and amend some links when I find them

thank thank thank you!

deadken posted:

cleanhands posted:

deadken posted:

ggw posted:

thats because we live in an entirely different world from the rest of your petty little provincial island

embrace the petty, for we are petty animals at our core. life is better out here, you can take your time and enjoy life, and our lower overheads make our businesses more competitive so, you know,

littlegreenpills posted:

Things like,

i militantly refuse any and all social approaches made under false pretenses eg charity fundraising workers

cleanhands posted:

deadken posted:

embrace the petty, for we are petty animals at our core. life is better out here, you can take your time and enjoy life, and our lower overheads make our businesses more competitive so, you know,

i live in leeds most of the time so im well aware of the misery and squalor of Not London

there are places in leeds where you can get a pint for £1. and the nightlife is better if youre poor. im trying to think of other things that are better but im drawing a blank