[account deactivated]
Lol at the ppl saying don't seek a career as a lawyer. I should go back to grad school so I can be a real revolutionary: a college professor.
Those are the only options yes although realistically you're not going to be a professor if you go to grad school I don't think that shit really happens anymore
Ya I would never do that I was just making a joke about what kind of job these ppl think a random educated white dude is gonna get that lets one be "truly revolutionary"
Ah ok. Yeah I think for us the only Real options are either revolutionary bank robber or secret Maoist prison chaplain or something
yea lets all go to grad school and become college professors, a job that exists on the market...
You can be a professional revolutionary for CIA if you're really into revolution qua revolution
We could be the spooks that collectively sit by the door's
I would advise any posters reading this to avoid a job as a manager of a chain retail store, as I've spoken to one who told me it is def impossible to be a Revolutionary manager of a chain retail store
i'm not recommending against law school because it's not revolutionary, i'm recommending against it because it's miserable and shitty and has less to do with being a Smart Guy than being a Conscientious and Organized and Good-At-Dealing-With-Bureaucracies Guy (or, more realistically, Lady).

also while there's a lot more entry level jobs out there than there were a few years ago, almost none of them are in major cities, which you might see as a pretty big downside (unless you have absolutely nothing in common with every other bike messenger i've ever seen)
[account deactivated]

Keven posted:

I think it's like high school math where you memorize a bunch of formulas but all the formulas are for... How much a gallon of different liquids weigh, or how good levers are.

Keven posted:

And there's one capstone course where the only requirement is they ask you if you find drones exciting and you have to say yes.

these are almost exactly true except you actually have to make a drone out of your own money for the capstone before you have to say how excited you are about it

thirdplace posted:

has less to do with being a Smart Guy than being a Conscientious and Organized and Good-At-Dealing-With-Bureaucracies Guy (or, more realistically, Lady).

But once again, what job are you talking about that isn't like that?

being "smart" isnt real
True.
But also the fact that I know that makes me the smartest.
[account deactivated]
It's hard to be a dad but also rewarding.
[account deactivated]
I find being a grandparent to be even better than being a dad. I like being a grandma more than being a granddad tho if we're being honest
(Nodding) that's classic intersectionality.
I let my children/grandchildren choose what to identify me as

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

Ya I would never do that I was just making a joke about what kind of job these ppl think a random educated white dude is gonna get that lets one be "truly revolutionary"

i like the really classist implication here that a "random educated white dude" cannot possibly lower himself to something like manual labour

Ive worked a manual labor job for the last decade u moron
I like the really stupid implication in your post that a white person "lowering" themselves to manual labor somehow makes them or could even possibly make them revolutionary, something which it has never done once in history.
Choosing to do manual labor as a college educated man because you think it somehow makes you more Marxist isnt proletarianizing yourself its just stealing a potential job from a poc, and probably only being able to live in a poc neighborhood thus further colonizing them. I speak from experience, having done it my entire life, and having spent my life being friend with white manual laborers who are no more revolutionary than white white collar workers. In summation you are a Real Big Dumb Dumb

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

e: actually nvm this wasn't a real contribution
[account deactivated]
Yes bablu, as long as whatever you were writing was in agreement with or support of me then I think you should feel free to speak your mind

But if it was in disagreement then uh... don't sign your posts!

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

Choosing to do manual labor as a college educated man because you think it somehow makes you more Marxist isnt proletarianizing yourself its just stealing a potential job from a poc, and probably only being able to live in a poc neighborhood thus further colonizing them. I speak from experience, having done it my entire life, and having spent my life being friend with white manual laborers who are no more revolutionary than white white collar workers. In summation you are a Real Big Dumb Dumb

yeah ok except i never said any of this but good for you for leaving manual labour jobs to people of colour, because they couldnt possibly do the job of an educated white man such as yourself, while with great reluctance you take your rightful place in the never ending heirarchy of liberal professionals claiming to help the lower classes

I never claimed to be helping by choosing a certain job
Gee life is hard I can't decide if I wanna be a liberal professional or a true revolutionary
A common joke in construction is to say like this: hey that looks like hand work, go get Manuel. Manuel Labor.
I would laugh but I'm having intense anxiety as to how to modify my personal choices to be more truly proletarian
[account deactivated]
i think selecting a career based on labour market trends is for normies. no guidance counselor is going to tell young keven to grind up north and then pursue comedy with his whole heart. no one is going to tell young taryn to pack up a borrowed car and blues brothers her way across america to promote communism. no one is going to tell tpaine that being a stay-at-home dad is as patriotic as being a soldier.
Weirdly, everyone will tell you to persue being a professor even though that isn't a real job you can get.
Frankly it is my desire to live a normie free life. Every day I spend with normies is like a chalkboard on nails in my minds heart. Whatever method, whatever means.... These are all fine if it means I get to laugh, love, and live with non-normies. Aka "Wise Masters"

Keven posted:

Frankly it is my desire to live a normie free life. Every day I spend with normies is like a chalkboard on nails in my minds heart. Whatever method, whatever means.... These are all fine if it means I get to laugh, love, and live with non-normies. Aka "Wise Masters"

While some may see you as a crazy one, I see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

[account deactivated]