intelligence
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lotta losers there caring whether they live or die. lmao
Wouldn't want to be Kammenos right about now.

conec posted:

no - nachrichten can mean "notices" "news" but in this context "intelligence"

it obviously means that in context but its funny to me that watching CNN at night is like getting an intelligence briefing. im going to feel very cool the next time i visit my grandparents and the news is on.

well i mean journalists are spooks, so.....

for more information consult your copy of SPOOKS: a dystopia by E.M. Quangel
[account deactivated]
“In the BND I had the feeling no one thought anything of me,” he told the court. “With the CIA it was different. There you could prove yourself....

The BND was reportedly puzzled when it received no reply to a request it sent the Americans asking for help identifying the mole.
It was only after his arrest that Mr Reicel allegedly confessed that he had been passing secrets to the CIA since 2008.

He had started working at the BND the previous year. Partially disabled because of a botched vaccination in his childhood, he suffers from shaking hands, poor coordination and a speech impediment, and had previously struggled to find work, the court was told."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12001275/Double-agent-on-trial-in-Germany-for-selling-secrets-to-both-US-and-Russia.html

Edited by RedMaistre ()

the american dream.....
last week i was reading a bit about 'crime management' techniques and how newspapers and police collude with developers in various ways. like police will shepherd drug dealers into a particular poor neighbourhood to keep them away from the richer areas. so the media starts covering how the neighbourhood is filled with drug dealers and the associated turf wars and such. and basically from there are a bunch of steps where the neighbourhood gets marked as blighted and then torn down and 'cleaned up' with new condos with the police moving all the crime elsewhere.

anyway it reminds me of the ISIS policy stuff. like after the attacks the news was like oh france did a massive strike against ISIS command and control. and it's like uhhh if the US was bombing them for months then why were there still major command and control networks. and it's obviously the same thing as we've said, like, they encourage networks to persist if they can manage them, then strike when it's politically beneficial.

getfiscal posted:

anyway it reminds me of the ISIS policy stuff. like after the attacks the news was like oh france did a massive strike against ISIS command and control. and it's like uhhh if the US was bombing them for months then why were there still major command and control networks. and it's obviously the same thing as we've said, like, they encourage networks to persist if they can manage them, then strike when it's politically beneficial.

tbf air power alone is really bad at accomplishing anything militarily useful even when you're actually trying to, this has been an established fact since like 1930

getfiscal posted:

last week i was reading a bit about 'crime management' techniques and how newspapers and police collude with developers in various ways. like police will shepherd drug dealers into a particular poor neighbourhood to keep them away from the richer areas. so the media starts covering how the neighbourhood is filled with drug dealers and the associated turf wars and such. and basically from there are a bunch of steps where the neighbourhood gets marked as blighted and then torn down and 'cleaned up' with new condos with the police moving all the crime elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-rIWUAQuI&t=2m50s

getfiscal posted:

last week i was reading a bit about 'crime management' techniques and how newspapers and police collude with developers in various ways... anyway it reminds me of the ISIS policy stuff.

bdFhaESKPSU

littlegreenpills posted:

tbf air power alone is really bad at accomplishing anything militarily useful even when you're actually trying to, this has been an established fact since like 1930

it's pretty good at turning an industrialized nation with infrastructure into not that

Remember when the bnd was run by a literal nazi for decades? good times
Steve Jobs was the son of a Syrian refugee
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/steve-jobs-was-the-son-of-a-syrian-refugee/23033/

littlegreenpills posted:

getfiscal posted:

idk man

the criminal use of the atomic bomb by the amerikan empire was not 'militarily useful' in the sense of ensuring victory at that point in the war with japan, but was entirely politically motivated to intimidate the soviet union by showcasing the us's astounding prowess in the fields of death and destruction, along with the willingness to murder hundreds of thousands at once just to show that they can.
more shootin in da Nine Three

getfiscal posted:

theres apparently some ongoing firefight in france right now,

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/shots-reported-paris-northern-saint-denis-area-151118034913465.html
" Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday the West had to drop its demands about the political exit of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad if it wanted a genuinely international coalition against Islamic State militants."

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/russia-to-west---drop-assad-demands-if-you-want-to-unite-against-islamic-state/41786380
Turkey wants 3 billion euros over two years, visa free travel for Turks, and the reopening of talks about EU membership in exchange for co-operting in Europe with dealing with migrant problem caused in large part by terrorist groups it harbors.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/19/world/europe/turkeys-role-as-migrant-gateway-is-source-of-new-urgency-for-eu.html

ilmdge posted:

....Shouldn't that be a dancing janissary?

It is important to not get hung up on any single American sentry state, even the Zionist entity. All of them are potentially expendable from the pov of Washington, so turning them into unique scale goats for the ongoing regional war risks is not only mistaken,but also risks merely creating prog sounding alibis for future Western intervention down the line.
"The police tried to talk to Aitboulahcen, asking her: "Where's your boyfriend?"
"He's not my boyfriend!" she screamed in reply.
Seconds later, she detonated a suicide vest, killing herself and causing the floor of the apartment to collapse. The explosion was so violent that her spine was later found lying in the street outside....

Her brother Youssouf Aitboulahcen said she had no interest in religion and only started covering her face with a veil a month ago.
In a statement, Mr Aitboulahcen said: “She spent her time criticising everything. She was living in her own world. She was not interested in studying her religion. I never saw her open the Koran. She was permanently on her phone, looking at Facebook or WhatsApp.
“I told her to stop all of this but she would not listen, she ignored my numerous attempts to give her advice"...

Others who knew Aitboulahcen described her as an 'extrovert' who drank alcohol and was nicknamed 'the cowgirl' for her habit of wearing cowboy hats.
One former acquaintance said: “We remember her well. She liked to go by the name of 'the cowgirl' because she wore a big hat".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12004720/Paris-attacks-female-suicide-bomber-shouted-Help-me-Help-me-to-police-during-Saint-Denis-raid.html

Huh.

ilmdge posted:

Steve Jobs was the son of a Syrian refugee
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/steve-jobs-was-the-son-of-a-syrian-refugee/23033/

http://www.rubbercat.net/artduck/artduck03.gif

so was Seinfelt

tpaine posted:

TG posted:

conecs posts in this thread are totally on fleek and yall just needs to stop hatin

amnesty for mustang19 is not a radical position

i went out to dinner in new york city recently and the person i was with talked about how their friend's little brother was a 19 year old video gamester and they thought they were going to be drafted and said this was "his war" and i said "i might still have some fight in me" and they said "J.A.G."? because we looked at law schools together and i said, "i was thinking domestic terrorism" and the couple at the next table stopped talking for the entire time we were there. i hate that vile city with every fiber of my being

getfiscal posted:

it's obviously the same thing as we've said

rename the forum etc.

cars posted:

i went out to dinner in new york city recently and the person i was with talked about how their friend's little brother was a 19 year old video gamester and they thought they were going to be drafted and said this was "his war" and i said "i might still have some fight in me" and they said "J.A.G."? because we looked at law schools together and i said, "i was thinking domestic terrorism" and the couple at the next table stopped talking for the entire time we were there. i hate that vile city with every fiber of my being

"It seems fair to state that there is a rather strong connection between an important part of the Belgian ISIS fighters and the supposedly Libyan brigade of ISIS.

After the foiled attacks in Verviers in Belgium on January 8, 2015, it became clear that the main suspect Abdelhamid Abaaoud can be linked directly to this group. His little brother Younes (aged 14 and hence probably the youngest foreign fighter in Syria) has been portrayed multiple times in the ranks of Libyan fighters in Syria.

.....Abdelhamid Abaaoud is suspected of being a leader of a branch of the Islamic State in Syria called Katibat al-Battar al Libi, which has its origins in Libya. This particular branch has attracted many Belgian fighters because of language and cultural ties, said Pieter van Ostaeyen, who tracks Belgian militants.

Many Belgian Muslims are of Moroccan origin, he said, and speak a dialect found in eastern Morocco that is similar to a Libyan dialect. Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi, who studies jihadi groups at the Middle East Forum, a research center in Washington, said there was no evidence yet that the Paris attacks had been ordered by Adnani or the Islamic State’s overall leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

But he added that the soldiers at Libyan branch that includes Abaaoud has played a prominent role in exporting violence. One of their tasks he said, has been to organize plots that “involved foreign fighters, sleeper cells in Europe that were connected with an operative inside of Syria and Iraq, usually in a lower to midlevel position.”

http://chinamatters.blogspot.com/2015/11/paris-made-in-libya-not-syria.html

RedMaistre posted:

Did 19 year old Princip, when he pulled the trigger, know the full story of the schemes woven by the Black Hand, Serbian Military Intelligence, Prime Minister Pašić, and the Russian Foreign Ministry around him and his fellow teenage assassins? Was he aware of all the twists and turns of the two century old Eastern Question, the 30+ years of often clandestine great power diplomacy surrounding Bosnia, or the geopolitical theories of Mackinder? Maybe he knew a little about all that, according to his own lights, but almost certainly not all. Did he have to?

"They just said it was important and had to be blown up...he knew nothing at the time about nuclear physics,heavy water, or the race to build the bomb. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/world/europe/wwii-hero-credits-luck-and-chance-in-foiling-hitlers-nuclear-ambitions.html?_r=0

Reminder of the state of ignorance at the bottom that is typical, and required, for even "normal" special operations to be carried out.

yeah, the great thing about cell structure or even lone wolf for them is that they dont really need to have contact with anyone in order to pursue actions that effect mass numbers in line with IS goals. the less known in these situations the better for the overall organization
The Belgian connections here are fascinating and cast a long shadow over the notion that Isis is just some out of control, inadvertent product of the west's recent meddlings in the middle east. Anyone who finds themselves idly wondering what Belgian authorities are capable of would do well to remember Dutroux.

a_Tl0ZueDvc

More on Dutroux & beyond here

"Imagine, everywhere you hear that story about a blackmail dossier in which organizations of the extreme right are in the possession of pictures and videos on which a number of prominent people in and around Brussels have sex with young girls; minors it is said. The existence of this dossier has always been vehemently denied. Until it was proven that testimonies and videos of this affair indeed were in the possession of the police services. An officer of the judicial police (Marnette, H.G.) denied the existence of these videos, while afterwards this person's superior admitted that they did exist, that they were kept with the judicial police in Brussels, but that they were completely worthless. Strange, because this stuff needs to be deposited with the registrar and not be kept in the possession of some police service. Subsequently, examining magistrate Jean-Marie Schlicker confirms that this dossier does indeed exist, but that he wishes not to give any testimonies about it. The at first non-existing dossier turns out to exist. The videos without substance then turn out to be interesting enough after all to be handed over to the examining magistrate tasked with the investigation into the Gang of Nijvel. But this person subsequently is afraid to testify about that! What do you think that has been going on here?"

September 1989, Congressman Hugo Coveliers, secretary of the special investigating committee tasked with evaluating the way gangsterism and terrorism is combated in Belgium (1988-1990), to Humo magazine (1990, Hugo Gijsels, 'De Bende & Co', pp. 133-134). Coveliers became a senator in 1995.

"There is still a question mark; ISIL, which assumed responsibility for the Paris attacks in 24 hours, did not assume responsibility for the Suruç and Ankara massacres -- because if ISIL did, it would have meant they were able to beat the police and the intelligence agency. And this would have made them look quite prestigious. The Turkish government claims that ISIL staged them but ISIL never assumed responsibility for those attacks....

Turkish leaders cannot condemn terror attacks outside the country while feeding ISIL militants internally.Turkish leaders cannot condemn terror attacks outside the country while feeding ISIL militants internally. Turkey has made a mistake -- thinking that the world does not see this hypocrisy is foolish. Turkey will have to choose its line regarding ISIL internally and externally. However, we have not seen such a will in that direction. Turkish leaders do not even refer to ISIL as ISIL, as the world does, but uses other words to refer to ISIL, including Daesh and the DH. Psychologists can explain this better but using different names to refer to the same thing is usually done to complicate and confuse. We lost young people in the Suruç and Ankara attacks and Turkish officials called it a “cocktail attack” committed by ISIL and the PKK. I've been studying terrorsim for 20 years and I have not heard such a term as “cocktail terrorism.” Turkey's first priority should have been a fight against ISIL and not a fight against the PKK because apparently ISIL is more dangerous than the PKK and most certainly poses imminent danger."

http://www.todayszaman.com/monday-talk_arakon-turkey-cannot-condemn-terror-attacks-beyond-its-borders-while-feeding-isil-internally_404987.html
Notably the Turkish government, this time around, is not trying to control the narrative by openly suggesting that anyone , including close allies, could have link to an ISIS attack. Anyone but itself, that is.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/russian-media-turkish-politicians-suggest-us-israeli-involvement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2908358/Turkish-president-accuses-West-Charlie-Hebdo-attacks-deliberately-blaming-Muslims-conspiracy-theories-sweep-Internet-accusing-Israel-orchestrat