Le "dnc is rigged" meme.
DONNA BRAZILE: Here, now you have prior knowledge of a question at the debate...AND MY AXE

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

a few highlights, thanks

lol
congratulations to our great nation on president trump and to communists for always being right about everything, forever
ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT YOU BRING THIS STUBBORNNESS INTO MY LIFE, INTO MOM'S LIFE, DON'T BRING IT INTO EVERYONE ELSE'S FUCKING-
BLACK VOICES
The Incredible Reason You Might Start Seeing Safety Pins Everywhere
It’s a tiny gesture, but it speaks volumes.

By fastening a safety pin to their clothing, people are declaring themselves allies to groups who have been maligned by Trump, to show that they stand in solidarity with anyone who might be afraid.

And as we’ve been dismayed to find out in the days following Trump’s election, it appears that there is reason to fear. People across the country have shared stories on social media of violence and hate speech directed at them in the wake of Trump’s victory. Racist graffiti was spotted around the country and minorities reported experiencing harassment the day after Trump was elected.

These frightening instances illustrate why the #safetypin idea ― which was inspired by a movement following Brexit in the United Kingdom ― is so timely. It’s a tiny gesture, but it speaks volumes, assuring people they are not alone.

And the movement seems to be catching on. Americans are posting photos of themselves on social media, declaring themselves “safe places” and showing support for women, people of color and other marginalized groups.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

lol hamilton is responsible for the us having the electoral college

i saw a meltdown irl while i was reading althusser at a cafe. some liberal lady was loudly talking on her cellphone first about how the russians definitely rigged the election for trump, then brainstorming all the different places they could move to, amsterdam, toronto, etc. yay for worker solidarity
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

peepaw posted:

BLACK VOICES

By fastening a safety pin to their clothing, people are declaring themselves allies to groups who have been maligned by Trump, to show that they stand in solidarity with anyone who might be afraid.

And as we’ve been dismayed to find out in the days following Trump’s election, it appears that there is reason to fear. People across the country have shared stories on social media of violence and hate speech directed at them in the wake of Trump’s victory. Racist graffiti was spotted around the country and minorities reported experiencing harassment the day after Trump was elected.

These frightening instances illustrate why the #safetypin idea ― which was inspired by a movement following Brexit in the United Kingdom ― is so timely. It’s a tiny gesture, but it speaks volumes, assuring people they are not alone.

And the movement seems to be catching on. Americans are posting photos of themselves on social media, declaring themselves “safe places” and showing support for women, people of color and other marginalized groups.

Great, now the pin I wear to show my affiliation with the diaping lifestyle is going to be universally misinterpreted YET AGAIN.

offically met my first protester who is "ready to die for this" , to whom i responded, in so many words, that that's not a good idea
[account deactivated]

peepaw posted:

BLACK VOICES

*puts on hockey helmet in cafe while reading althusser and typing on his phone* #safetypin

[account deactivated]

parabolart posted:

offically met my first protester who is "ready to die for this" , to whom i responded, in so many words, that that's not a good idea

a guy who i know who is kind of a scumbag but is fun enough to play video games with said this and everyone got all awkward when i replied 'cool just make sure you take some fascists with you.' like i'm the weird one for not wanting to see a perfectly good suicide go to waste

tpaine posted:

dr khat, i hope you're not expecting me at thanksgiving this year. i will not be attending because you convinced your drug dealer to spoil his ballot.

[account deactivated]
How could we laugh when any second now he's going to press the big button that kills every lgbqt in america.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Dozens of students at Cornell University gathered on a major campus thoroughfare for a “cry-in” to mourn the results of the 2016 presidential election Wednesday, with school staff providing tissues and hot chocolate.

At Tufts University, arts and crafts were on offer. And the University of Kansas reminded students via social media of the therapy dogs available for comfort every other Wednesday.

Colleges nationwide scrambled to help students process Republican Donald Trump’s stunning election victory. They’re acknowledging that many students were up late watching results and so may not be at their sharpest in early-morning lectures. More so, they’re responding to a widespread sense of shock and despair on campuses to the victory of a candidate who offended Mexicans, Gold Star mothers, Muslims and the disabled during the course of the campaign.

The touchy-feely approach won some catty comments from skeptics, calling students “snow-flakes” for their inability to handle the result. But schools said the concerns were real for many students.

“People are frustrated, people are just really sad and shocked,” said Trey Boynton, the director of multi-ethnic student affairs at the University of Michigan. “A lot of people are feeling like there has been a loss. We talked about grief today and about the loss of hope that this election would solidify the progress that was being made.”

There was a steady flow of students entering Ms. Boynton’s office Wednesday. They spent the day sprawled around the center, playing with Play-Doh and coloring in coloring books, as they sought comfort and distraction.

“There is unspeakable shock at the manifestation of hate and bigotry that is on par with how people felt when Orlando happened, when Charleston happened,” she said. “This feels different from those events, but there is the same sort of heaviness today on campus today. Everyone is very quiet. It looks like grief.”

There were also celebrations on campuses by supporters of Mr. Trump.

Ben Kaplan, head of Tufts Democrats, said that as some supporters of Hillary Clinton cried, portions of a campus center erupted in cheers as each state was called for Mr. Trump Tuesday night.

Alex Walker, son of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and chairman of the College Republicans of University of Wisconsin-Madison, which endorsed Mr. Trump, said that despite early shock, students “seemed to have accepted the results and were getting back to their normal routines.”

The school tweeted around midday that the multicultural student center’s lounge was open all day for drop-ins, noting “all are welcome.”

Mr. Walker said concerns about Mr. Trump’s heated rhetoric on immigration and other issues were “overblown,” adding that the president-elect’s acceptance speech had “a very calm and unifying message.”

Still, Alan Peel, an astronomy lecturer at the University of Maryland canceled a test scheduled for Wednesday morning, writing to students that he worried some of their performances may be affected by “the monumental effort necessary to accept what must be a personally threatening election result.”

He opened the message, “Given that the nation in which you currently reside decided last night to elect a president whose own words have painted him a moral and possibly physical hazard to many of us…,” according to a copy reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Julia Abraham, a 19-year-old student in the class, said she was relieved by the news and supported her professor’s decision. “Our class is very diverse,” she said, including “many who are directly targeted by Mr. Trump.” She said she thought “a bit of grieving time” would allow students to perform better on the test down the line.

Morgan Polikoff, a professor at the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education, also canceled his Wednesday class. He told the 11 students in his Ph.D. statistics course on election night that they didn’t have to come if they didn’t want to; by the time he woke up, six said they weren’t up for meeting.

Hofstra University’s Intercultural Engagement and Inclusion office hosted a session Wednesday called “A Way Forward: A Discussion on the 2016 Presidential Election.” The event advertisement on Twitter said it would allow “diverse voices of the campus community” to discuss the election and “how we move forward together with civility, as a nation and Hofstra community.”
haha obama is approving the pipeline now that the election is over
e:dp
ooh your iron abuela didn't get her pretty princess castle in dc and you're gonna have a whinge?

postmaster general chopper says harden the fuck up, ya sheilas
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Oh fuck, I am seriously afraid now. I am transgender, and have already started taking hormones. This is a path that I cannot stop. If trump wins, the republicans will have full control of the federal government and of my state (Texas). They will absolutely ruin any and all rights I have. Fuck, I am really freaked out that they may even ban hrt for us, (which would cause SERIOUS health problems for me now, both physical and mental) or force us to wear patches (leading to more targeted violence and bigotry) or march us into camps with other lgbt people. I thought I was doing better. I may actually kill myself now. And fuck now I can't sleep.

i bet this person thought jade helm was the dumbest shit

8 years making fun of fema camp truthers directly into special trans jails.
[account deactivated]
I guess with the election over the DNC will probably wind down its 'Republicans for HIllary' effort, wait what's this??
[account deactivated]
i guess i really am poisoned fatally with irony, i can't stop laughing at liberal reactions to hillary getting defeated. it just never ends

drwhat posted:

i guess i really am poisoned fatally with irony, i can't stop laughing at liberal reactions to hillary getting defeated. it just never ends

strap in for the next four years

[account deactivated]
people who think this is the end for the useless Third Way democrats are delusional. in 2000 they nominated boring ass Gore with goddamn Joe Lieberman. he lost, so in 2004 we had an election against a hated worthless idiot who got us into a terrible war and they nominated fucking John Kerry. he lost and the next time they tried to nominate Hillary. she lost to Obama so then they nominated her again, suppressing an actual populist. the chances that they wont put up some asinine mediocrity like Tim Kaine in 2020 is fairly nil. they'll bank on hating trump being enough. it didn't work in 2004 and it didn't work in 2016 and it wont work in 2020
Lena Dunham BREAKS her silence! (crowd booing):

http://www.lennyletter.com/politics/a608/dont-agonize-organize/

people who think this is the end for the useless Third Way democrats are delusional. in 2000 they nominated boring ass Gore with goddamn Joe Lieberman. he lost, so in 2004 we had an election against a hated worthless idiot who got us into a terrible war and they nominated fucking John Kerry. he lost and the next time they tried to nominate Hillary. she lost to Obama so then they nominated her again, suppressing an actual populist. the chances that they wont put up some asinine mediocrity like Tim Kaine in 2020 is fairly nil. they'll bank on hating trump being enough. it didn't work in 2004 and it didn't work in 2016 and it wont work in 2020

do they even have anyone with socdem cred? anyone non-boring? doubt the dem faithful will learn any lessons but this is a good opportunity to radicalise some of the berniebros at least.

the fact that she won the popular vote is going to serve as easy excuse to try this shit again, too: "hillary never lost..."

in most of the world it is fairly common for someone to run on a left-wing platform, take office, and then quickly admit they are an insane liar. maybe that's an option for america. like someone who will car for an end to the war in zimbabwe and universal health care but then take office and abolish corporate income taxes.