were there any donation threads after the primary. any.... spreadsheets?
how many SA posters are mad specifically because it's slightly less likely that we'll invade syria now
i, for one, can't wait for clinton's next campaign in 2020

"she's the most prepared candidate in history you guys! she's run two presidential campaigns! how can she lose?!"
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Joe Arpaio lost re-election just in time to become DHS secretary.
[account deactivated]

Sanders Statement on Trump
Wednesday, November 9, 2016

BURLINGTON, Vt., Nov. 9 – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) issued the following statement Wednesday after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States:

“Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media. People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids - all while the very rich become much richer. You might remember I endorsed one of the political architects of this system.

“To the degree that Mr. Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to acquiesce and submit. To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will complain and make pointed criticisms on bad television shows.”

Hillary Clinton lost almost 10 million votes from Obama's total over a period where the population went up by 20 million. She sucks so goddamn much

HenryKrinkle posted:

Nice heres mine

[account deactivated]
I havent seen any of the new ones except the first iron man, osrry.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Hillary Clinton lost almost 10 million votes from Obama's total over a period where the population went up by 20 million. She sucks so goddamn much

this is the take that is the most substantiated and matters the most so you wont see much of it. trump got fewer votes than mccain, romney or bush '04. there was no trump surge. hillary lost because people didn't want to vote for her because she is an awkward phony establishment criminal who rigged the primary and sucks

marvel movies are fun but getting really samey.
i just checked and i called it for trump back in february, youre welcome

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/post/302127/

also hey there's more to come, dont give up hope:

getfiscal posted:

Probably would've voted for President McBomba if I knew how the next 8 years would go

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/09/investing/wall-street-traders-boo-hillary-clinton/index.html?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion

Loud booing rocked the floor of the storied New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday during Hillary Clinton's concession speech to President-elect Donald Trump.

Some of the Wall Street traders began chanting "lock her up!," as Clinton appeared on television screens, urging her millions of disappointed supporters to accept the stunning defeat.

"Ding-dong, the witch is dead," shouted another floor trader.

The harsh reception for Clinton is the latest chapter in the bitter campaign for the White House.

hell hath no fury like a capitalist scorned

dang a harsh reception even from her core constituency

aerdil posted:

i just checked and i called it for trump back in february, youre welcome

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/post/302127/

on facebook i called it back in january and have been sharing that post with a note making a tenuous connection between my prescience and my communism. people i wouldn't have expected seem to be digging it and asking me more so there ya go. gotta make hay while the sun shines

Is this the thread where we boast that we called this for trump months ago? because I too used the clairvoyance of dialaectical materialist thinking to "call" this election back in june. however, unlike scrub tier marxist leninists who used this great power to make posts on the internet, i used it to make a sound financial investment at ladbrokes.com, the return on which i will be using to get fucking blasted,
I mean yeah AmericanNazBro has like 3 years on anyone with that prediction here,. But can yall please also post your rationale (reasoning) from back then? because I don't care for the statistical significances of your guts feeling
Once trump started polling in the lead I was fairly sure that he would win the primary barring some scandal or ratfuck. My reasoning was he had the celebrity and name recognition and was the lewd dude with the crude 'tude that republicans like. I didn't think he was going to win the general because I imagined Hillary's support was higher than it was. In retrospect the complete lack of enthusiasm I saw from anyone in real life should have been a bigger warning sign

swampman posted:

I mean yeah AmericanNazBro has like 3 years on anyone with that prediction here,. But can yall please also post your rationale (reasoning) from back then? because I don't care for the statistical significances of your guts feeling

i don't have a good summary copy-paste from my post history but i felt that there was (is) a lot of disseminated anger among working class people (or people who feel working class but are not in fact). it seemed obvious to me from talking to people privately, or reading/hearing general sentiments embedded in nonpolitical things, that even quiet go-along-with-things self-described centrists or people who were politically disengaged still had/have a strong feeling that the status quo has been completely untenable and the direction of the country is more or less downward, things feel out of control, economically unsustainable, etc., and were generally open to more and more radical ideas or options. there was nothing more status quo and establishment than a clinton.

i got the same feeling in the UK wrt brexit, people would often privately admit they were Leavers even though the official poll numbers skewed the other way. i know that "people you meet" isn't a statistical sample but it seemed common enough of a vibe that it just seemed like the polls couldn't be telling the entire story.

also, the way the democratic party was handling its pr reminded me of the conservative party losing to trudeau in canada, or labour candidates vs corbyn in the UK. i.e., they were attacking their opponents with things that actually were, to the opponent's base, strengths. they often threw things at trump that only added to his image as a shit disturber / fuck washington vote. whereas the opposite wasn't true -- democrats were not actually ok with criminal investigations into their candidate, for example.

there were probably some other things.

One of my politically conscious friends describes the election purely in terms of Mommy and Daddy ie. "Trump is winning because he's the cool dad who will let you drink a beer" "All our liberal friends are crying now because they don't want daddy, they want their mommy" etc and beside being relatively accurate, it's one of the few sufficiently dismissive ways of discussing the election
the protest was really hard to watch

Edited by parabolart ()

[account deactivated]
i remember i came into the zzone a few years ago talking about how the democrats need to "daddy" up, george lakoff always talks about "the nurturant parent model", and then we made fun of aesthetics, etc..

i was obviously wrong because democrats have a terrible line and they are capitalist shills but they would still win more elections if they listened...
[account deactivated]
as an astute observer of dc politics (recovering) i know that the democrats havent held the white house for more than 8 years in a row since fdr/truman and this time around wasnt gonna be any different because theyre about as incompetent of a party as you can get. for all the chicken littling about trump=hitler, this election was surprisingly normal in terms of the party holding the white house being ousted during a time of weak economic performance and the sitting party having trouble drumming up support because it ran an establishment candidate without much to get excited about (arguably the first woman president is something to get excited about but i think that was countered by the fact that it was hillary fucking clinton)

also when the hillary camp had to resort to conspiracy theories about putin/trump connections to the point where they were basically calling for war with russia, i knew they were in trouble.

being intensely cynical and expecting the worst from the american people helps too
[account deactivated]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donna-brazile-democratic-national-committee_us_5824cb95e4b0ddd4fe7954e8?f019736x1ofscerk9
WASHINGTON ― On Thursday, Democratic Party officials held their first staff meeting since Hillary Clinton’s stunning loss to Donald Trump in the presidential race. It didn’t go well.

Donna Brazile, the interim leader of the Democratic National Committee, was giving what one attendee described as “a rip-roaring speech” to about 150 employees, about the need to have hope for wins going forward, when a staffer identified only as Zach stood up with a question.

“Why should we trust you as chair to lead us through this?” he asked, according to two people in the room. “You backed a flawed candidate, and your friend plotted through this to support your own gain and yourself.”

Some DNC staffers started to boo and some told him to sit down. Brazile began to answer, but Zach had more to say.

“You are part of the problem,” he continued, blaming Brazile for clearing the path for Trump’s victory by siding with Clinton early on. “You and your friends will die of old age and I’m going to die from climate change. You and your friends let this happen, which is going to cut 40 years off my life expectancy.”

Zach gathered his things and began to walk out. When Brazile called after him, asking where he was going, he told her to go outside and “tell people there” why she should be leading the party.
and that man was albert einstein
why in the fuck would anybody honest follow donna brazile
[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

in democrats chewing out their own intestines news, this piece was written in response to an article in the washington post, a newspaper that was the topic of the cover article for this month's harper's where thomas frank singles out the washington post (and only the washington post) and tries to argue they helped cost sanders the nomination because of the huge proportion of anti-sanders articles they ran during primary season

at least bernie pulled her to the left.