ya i think its healthy for a forum for the desires of the posters as expressed in the kind of posts they make to have some difference from the desires of the moderators

littlegreenpills posted:
i would prefer not to think of this as a "thread", an essentially arborescent concept - let us instead call it, self-contained yet related neighboring units reproducing and expanding the whole in all possible directions, a "tumour"

dead ken boring life posting is a rhizomatic sequence forming lines of flight through various threads, much like loserchat, which it is functionally identical to

jools posted:
ya i think its healthy for a forum for the desires of the posters as expressed in the kind of posts they make to have some difference from the desires of the moderators

thats p much inevitable in every forum imo

deadken, an obscure philosopher once said.. "he who has sex without love, simply masturbates with a partner" mayhaps thou could learn a thing or two whilst u contemplate these words
deadken's life at 60mph - the speed at which my mousewheel scrolls down
masturbating with a partner shows a lot more honesty and trust than regular (PIV) sex

aerdil posted:
deadken, an obscure philosopher once said.. "he who has sex without love, simply masturbates with a partner" mayhaps thou could learn a thing or two whilst u contemplate these words

everyone wants to masturbate with a partner. finish with a strong highfive and sleep

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
Remember how we thought wddp was a horrible forum filled with mentally broken weirdos who wouldn't shut up about their retarded lives

remember how you posted there and melted down when you got banned for being annoying in the most milquetoast manner

*milk toast

jools posted:

its hard for the posters who express a desire to keep effort threads readable and not constantly digress into people's personal shit to do so other than through moderation. even there there's not a lot i can do other than rely on your goodwill and discretion and to give me the benefit of the doubt that i'm not expressing some kind of personal fatwa but rather communicating what's been passed on to me by other posters

shennong posted:

jools posted:

its hard for the posters who express a desire to keep effort threads readable and not constantly digress into people's personal shit to do so other than through moderation. even there there's not a lot i can do other than rely on your goodwill and discretion and to give me the benefit of the doubt that i'm not expressing some kind of personal fatwa but rather communicating what's been passed on to me by other posters

oh, this wasnt intended as criticism in any respect at all

discipline posted:

tentativelurkeraccount posted:
okay so here's what we do, we find out whats more intimidating: the patently impressive effort posts, the shit-shooting coated in three layers of irony, or the seamless blend of the two. haha just kidding its the typeface

who is your favorite poster? because the vet who only posts drunk has the highest rep on this site (+2303, -29)

do you have to be a mod or something to see people's rep

AmericanNazbro posted:

discipline posted:

okay so here's what we do, we find out whats more intimidating: the patently impressive effort posts, the shit-shooting coated in three layers of irony, or the seamless blend of the two. haha just kidding its the typeface

who is your favorite poster? because the vet who only posts drunk has the highest rep on this site (+2303, -29)

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/reputation/AmericanNazbro

stegosaurus posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Groulxsmith posted:
Remember how we thought wddp was a horrible forum filled with mentally broken weirdos who wouldn't shut up about their retarded lives

remember how you posted there and melted down when you got banned for being annoying in the most milquetoast manner

*milk toast

back in 08-09 lf, that word was all the rage, when obama was running for office and just became president. it mirrored the usage of specific rhetoric, and words, in news cycles perfectly, like when obama was increasing war efforts in afpak and overnight the word dithering appeared a million times during newscasts - yet never before or after.
it was cool as hell and likewise it's cool as hell how here at the marxustest forum for austists, we analyze and recognize the usage of propaganda employed for thought control and manipulation, deriding it and such as immoral. however, the same appears here (lf) organically and it goes unnoticed except at the subconscious level

babyfinland posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

discipline posted:

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/reputation/AmericanNazbro

whoa, internationalist's rep is "44" which suites him perfectly considering he espoused white supremacist ideals

[account deactivated]
whoa. whoa. we have a 'rep' on this site?

guidoanselmi posted:
whoa. whoa. we have a 'rep' on this site?

You don't.

[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

littlegreenpills posted:
i would prefer not to think of this as a "thread", an essentially arborescent concept - let us instead call it, self-contained yet related neighboring units reproducing and expanding the whole in all possible directions, a "tumour"

dead ken boring life posting is a rhizomatic sequence forming lines of flight through various threads, much like loserchat, which it is functionally identical to

functionally but not aesthetically. it makes all the dif

shennong posted:

jools posted:

and yet there are 'other posters' who disagree as well

[account deactivated]
the sacred subject: a treatise on threads
rep is amoral and subjective dawg. where as negative rep on someplace like wddp, for example, would denote high quality posting
[account deactivated]
The next big thing?
i got a p high rep for a dude who basically just talks about himself the whole time

AmericanNazbro posted:

stegosaurus posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Groulxsmith posted:

*milk toast

back in 08-09 lf, that word was all the rage, when obama was running for office and just became president. it mirrored the usage of specific rhetoric, and words, in news cycles perfectly, like when obama was increasing war efforts in afpak and overnight the word dithering appeared a million times during newscasts - yet never before or after.
it was cool as hell and likewise it's cool as hell how here at the marxustest forum for austists, we analyze and recognize the usage of propaganda employed for thought control and manipulation, deriding it and such as immoral. however, the same appears here (lf) organically and it goes unnoticed except at the subconscious level

i dunno i think that there's a healthy level of self-criticism at the rhizzone, a constant interrogation of the various assumptions underpinning discourse.... obviously its being carried out by different factions but despite its polemics & heterogeneity this place represents a fairly unified whole. as i was saying to a girl at the party last night, the cool thing about marxism is its focus on historicity provides a framework for the critical interrogation of marxism itself. then we had sex

this is the only iteration of lf that doesnt have massive sprawling crises of confidence every week or so which is p good i think

Impper posted:

deadken posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

function and aesthetics are in a constant dialectical relationship tho even if its not one of strict causality

jools posted:

agreed 100%

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

deadken posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

function and aesthetics are in a constant dialectical relationship tho even if its not one of strict causality

i have no idea what this means my brain isnt workin rite i almost killed meself eheh

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]