deadken posted:
yeah we did that. they cant have big parties b/c its rush week or w/e but they hand some clandestine ones..... frat parties, you know, not as druggy or hedonistic as in the uk but Not Bad

at my school in the midwest they had like a druggie town that had tons house raves in dilapidated houses ,and then another town w/ bros and their extravagant frathouses and bars. being that this is the midwest and ppl are generally boring w/o massive amounts of drugs the choice was p simple

the frat parties at my school were the shit. a bunch of dudes sat around smokin weed and playing halo while like 6 people grinded to nelly and only 1 of them was a girl
how do i buy an avatar
paypal 5 bux and attach the image you want to harakat_al-shabaab_fundrasing@gmail.com
real talk though will someone give me a quick rundown of this place's history+ethos? i never even browsed og lf or even sa so i'm pretty ignorant.

like, i'm only vaguely familiar with your guys' politics and i've been browsing for a few days haha. out of lack of education+interest in socio-economic stuff (i know that's a terrible way to box reality in i just have a difficult time thinking of these things in an earnest and passionate way) i'm pretty much a liberal. im even going to vote for obama in 2012!

tentativelurkeraccount posted:
real talk though will someone give me a quick rundown of this place's history+ethos? i never even browsed og lf or even sa so i'm pretty ignorant.

like, i'm only vaguely familiar with your guys' politics and i've been browsing for a few days haha. out of lack of education+interest in socio-economic stuff (i know that's a terrible way to box reality in i just have a difficult time thinking of these things in an earnest and passionate way) i'm pretty much a liberal. im even going to vote for obama in 2012!

the key to good posting / acceptance lies within the organic unity of the great American people and the revolutionary American state

ur already off to a great start trollin' me >:-|

Tsargon posted:

the key to good posting / acceptance lies within the organic unity of the great American people and the revolutionary American state

seriously you guys i feel like ive missed a whole week of algebra i

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
please edit your post to include the shining path of marxism-leninism-mao tse tung thought, a road on which many of us here at the rhizzone are travelling. thank you in advance.

ironic extreme left politics comedy forum evolves into unironic extreme left politics comedy forum. exiled. later further subdivided into groupuscules around differences of opinion on concepts of privilege, gender and 'safe spaces'

[account deactivated]
also some people here are ironic unironic fascists
let us not waste our time on idle neh!
how would you characterize the main causes and root issues of the rhizzone/wddp schism? Provide supporting evidence (1200 words, 25 marks)
catfights and pms

littlegreenpills posted:

how would you characterize the main causes and root issues of the rhizzone/wddp schism? Provide supporting evidence (1200 words, 25 marks)

The safest general characterization of the rHizzonE tradition is that it consists of a series of footnotes to getfiscal

Tsargon posted:

seriously you guys i feel like ive missed a whole week of algebra i

i'm the only reasonable and sane person here. everyone else is a lunatic. i'm also a white nerd who converted to islam so that i can pretend to be an ethical authority.

im reasonable and sane
Im his bitter-former-marxist hanger on
LF used to be very good and was the 3rd most read sub-forum at one point.

LF timeline:
mid 2008 - Is opened up to put all the Ron Paul shit, the forum becomes a place for left wing posters and informed people to shoot down retarded libertarian nonsense, as a "lite" there was a more laid back atmosphere than D&D and a place for satire.

Nov.4 2008 - Obama wins the election, previously active political posters who enjoyed the atmosphere stuck about and branched into other issues/areas. This was when LF hit it's stride and had lots of good informative threads about certain issues that would be swept aside/derailed in d&d due to pedantry and semantics plus, lots of effort posts, lots of satire, it's around this point that LF became the 3rd most read sub-forum.

Early 2009 - At this point the moderators decided for some reason to start coming up with stupid games/challenges with obscure rules instead of just moderating. This restricted LF and the quality went down, some of these games were good, most were shit.

Mid 2009 - Helldump is closed and LF becomes a refugee holding bay, the first reply to every new thread was some variation of "lol kill yourself" and this would go on for 3 pages until either the thread died before it could start or it could hopefully become decent, as time went one less decent threads were created and this only increased the trolling on the few that were attempted.
At this point the only good threads that remained were the megathreads due to the fact that they were quite specific and virtually impenetrable to outsiders.

Early 2010 - Everyone knows that LF is now shit, the attempt to fix it seems to be more crappy games and the closing of half the megathreads for whatever reason, this obviously doesn't fix things.

Mid 2010 - FYAD superstars are messing with the forum regularly, one of the decent LF mods loses his mod-ship for banning one of them, moderation is handed over to that very FYAD superstar and LF becomes a trolling ground. Pretty much all decent LF posters now stick to IRC and the remaining megathreads.

Now - More shitty games, more FYAD trolling, another good LF mod is probated for saying this latest round of games is unfunny and another reason why what was once the best subforum is now utter shit. In my opinion it should be deleted and forgotten about.
discipline thinks finance controls every aspect of your life, shennong thinks the world is going mad max in 30 years, dead ken is a neo-futurist drug addicted fratboy, impper takes speed all day and sees louis ferdinand celine in everything, aerdil thinks hes forming a revolutionary marxist cell of one by reading verso's zizek catalogue, tpaine is serving a life sentence at san quentin and uses his visiting privileges to post on here about drinking beer, emanuelaorlandi lives in a trash can (seriously)

gyrofry posted:
im reasonable and sane

gyrofry never posts anything longer than seven words and is really obviously FBI

babyfinland posted:

gyrofry posted:
im reasonable and sane

gyrofry never posts anything longer than seven words and is really obviously FBI

the cia mole would say that

groulxsmith is a jew who is so scared of antisemites he pretends to be a gentile who looks like a jew and basically just posts about how jewish his non-jeweish alter-ego is

gyrofry posted:

babyfinland posted:

gyrofry posted:
im reasonable and sane

the cia mole would say that

I am the CIA.

when i say discipline thinks finance controls every aspect of your life i mean like she stresses out over what to have for breakfast because she tries to avoid falling prey to the manipulative coercive forces that have infiltrated her subjectivity and determine her every choice
littlegreenpills is the british actor and comedian Stephen Fry, he only posts here when his medication starts to wear off though
*insert tompost*

babyfinland posted:
when i say discipline thinks finance controls every aspect of your life i mean like she stresses out over what to have for breakfast because she tries to avoid falling prey to the manipulative coercive forces that have infiltrated her subjectivity and determine her every choice

to become a politically transcendent neoliberal you really kind of have to frame things this way and then reach the conclusion that the means are the ends

discipline posted:

the politics would best be described as "continuous and intentional alienation", "attempting to be edgy into our mid to late 20s and early 30s" or "self-sabotage." some are well read in subjects and some are not, I guess we try and draw upon each other's strengths while mocking each other's weaknesses

we are mainly located in the english speaking world - USA, canada, uk, australia, new zealand - though we have posters here from all over. we post in english but spanish is widely understood (maybe german and arabic, I dunno how many german posters we have now?)

some of us have history that goes back years, others have just arrived. either way I've spent the better part of my 20s doing this instead of more important things

john is a writer and you can buy his books here: http://autosodomy.tumblr.com/books I would personally not recommend "fuck & destroy"

I guess everyone else are mainly proles, engineers, scientists, students, gutter punks, or on disability

the best poster is getfiscal

I think we found the text to go in the 'about' page. except add russian to the list of languages people understand

babyfinland posted:
discipline thinks finance controls every aspect of your life, shennong thinks the world is going mad max in 30 years, dead ken is a neo-futurist drug addicted fratboy, impper takes speed all day and sees louis ferdinand celine in everything, aerdil thinks hes forming a revolutionary marxist cell of one by reading verso's zizek catalogue, tpaine is serving a life sentence at san quentin and uses his visiting privileges to post on here about drinking beer, emanuelaorlandi lives in a trash can (seriously)

not in it, downvoting

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
jools goes by the stage name of 'The Pudding Queen of East London'

americannazbro teaches economics 101 at a rural community college

babyfinland posted:
littlegreenpills is the british actor and comedian Stephen Fry, he only posts here when his medication starts to wear off though

d-d-d-d-d-damnation

babyfinland posted:
shennong thinks the world is going mad max in 30 years

how did you know about my '81 lotus turbo esprit biodiesel conversion and dustbowlproofing project