almost every positive comment on my tumblr is for something i posted and attributed only in the tags lol

Impper posted:
hahaha i could never write a poetry that good. that's mayakovsky ofc.

o. well its a cool poem + i liked it

yea. i suppose i did rearrange and cut it up. most of the rest of the poem isn't that good.. u can look it up and judge it for urself thou
ive written like two (2) poems in my adult life
when i was in secondary school like 14 years old we had to write poems for english & they were published with a bunch of poems from other london schools to be sold back at exorbitant prices to smug parents.... anyway i found a copy a while back and mine is like the only poem in the whole fuckin thing to have like a reasonable attempt at meter and non-forced rhymes and marxism as a dominant theme lol

Impper posted:
yea. i suppose i did rearrange and cut it up. most of the rest of the poem isn't that good.. u can look it up and judge it for urself thou

Proletarians
arrive at communism
from below -
by the low way of mines,
sickles,
and pitchforks -
But I,
from poetry’s skies,
plunge into communism,
because
without it
I feel no love.

im not sure if i really like or really dislike this bit but its one of the two

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

Proletarians
arrive at communism
from below -
by the low way of mines,
sickles,
and pitchforks -
But I,
from poetry’s skies,
plunge into communism,
because
without it
I feel no love.

im not sure if i really like or really dislike this bit but its one of the two

deadken posted:
when i was in secondary school like 14 years old we had to write poems for english & they were published with a bunch of poems from other london schools to be sold back at exorbitant prices to smug parents.... anyway i found a copy a while back and mine is like the only poem in the whole fuckin thing to have like a reasonable attempt at meter and non-forced rhymes and marxism as a dominant theme lol

hahaha, though i've written seriously hundreds or even thousands of poems, i am still allergic to meter, and any attempts to do so just drive something in my head completely bonkers. that's why i write fraud poetry (prose poetry), which i've got something of a better sense for anyway

also i did love that line but yea, i thought it was maybe too... something... to include... on a shitty tumblr that nobody ever reads...

i tried to write nonmetrical poetry once and it just felt, iono...... wrong.... i enjoy reading it but when writing poetry i get really hung up on rhythm and syllables..... it doesnt always work though lol, in that one i posted there were a whole bunch of awkwardly jutting lines
haha, i remember in that poem really liking the one type of line and really hating the other. but i dont remember what they were or why.

when i'm writing in verse i can basically only focus on the length of the lines and whether it looks 'right,' i mean other than just saying things

babyfinland posted:

lmao this is totally hte same guy

jools posted:

milk bash

a bash of milk

milk bashing

i wrote a poem the other day it really sucks just like my life and my posting on this shitty website fuck you all
the language is too forceful it is too abstract and way too angsty
i'm white. i'm a white person. and in my twenties.
ive had every opportunity in life and i still have no foreseeable future
does anyone want to open an opium den with me and just fuckin burn out
everything is ephemeral and slowly sliding away from you
we're all easily manipulated animals and the smallest stupidest things make us flip out i hope our failed evolutionary experiment ends soon
please downvote all these shitty posts
none of us will ever write anything even closely resembling the shittiest frank o'hara poem
we would all make terrible communists and even more terrible capitalists no society would want the absurd dregs of humanity represented here
i'm doing pretty good at capitalism tyvm
i won't open an opium den with you but i can give u enough morphine to murder yourself ill watch u take it
regret rips ruthlessly at my seared remains
confessionalism is bourgeois and reactionary but who the fuck cares
i'm a sick Eagle looking at the sky
i cannot say, or guess, for i know only a heap of broken images
i will never know intimacy i can only futilely bloody my hands on the wall that separates us from each other
jesus aerdil just go to the library and ask a girl reading 100 years of solitude out for a milkshake or something
lol

blinkandwheeze posted:
jesus aerdil just go to the library and ask a girl reading 100 years of solitude out for a milkshake or something

Proletarians
arrive at communism
from below -
by the low way of mines,
sickles,
and pitchforks -
But I,
from poetry’s skies,
plunge into communism,
because
without it
I feel no love.

aerdil posted:
does anyone want to open an opium den with me and just fuckin burn out

sorry little driving dog, i only waste my life away ironically

aerdil posted:
i wrote a poem the other day it really sucks just like my life and my posting on this shitty website fuck you all

ahaha

lmbo, what happened aerdil why are you pulling a wddp?

aerdil posted:
i'm a sick Eagle looking at the sky

on your back, waiting to die

aerdil, have you tried exercise and sunlight? or maybe gardening?
gardening. . .gardening f.t.w.
why do people like gardening idgi