cowboys will be superbowl champions
nice. i like that early-season optimism. now that i know derrick dockery wont be starting (barring injury), i have optimism too. also dez is like the number 3 WR in the league
dez is gonna go buckwild and demarco murray should be dope too
we're counting on you tony romo. *sends a hopeful look far out into the horizon*
[account deactivated]
my balls feel like concrete
im going to draft marshawn lynch #1 overall ftw
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
WAY TO RUIN THE THREAD
[account deactivated]

not surprising considering he eats crisps all the time
the baltimore orioles

ilmdge posted:

the baltimore orioles

ridiculous

i am eating of the fruit of the ogletree
ogletree must've been added by a thousand people after last night
All I did last night was dream about Romo td passes to Ogletree.
[account deactivated]
BOOO
brewers fandom remains a curse of unimaginable cruelty
True, no one deserves the fate of having been psychologically conditioned to feel compelled to watch baseball

clanzy posted:

brewers fandom remains a curse of unimaginable cruelty

haha i had to look it up online before i could remember any brewers player's name

braun and ramirez are good but i dont really follow NL teams so

lol greinke

re:"baseball is as boring as mom's apple pie"
http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/4uymvs/futurama-intro-to-blernsball
the thing about people making fun of baseball is it just makes baseball fans feel superior
its like neanderthals making fun of modern people for reading books
baseball fans are entirely composed of alcoholics, children, cab drivers and the elderly
ya baseball is the american equivalent of soccer. as in its dumb as fuck.

shermanstick posted:

baseball fans are entirely composed of alcoholics, children, cab drivers and the elderly

i am all of these AND MORE

so the orioles were beating the yankees by a lot and fell apart in the 8th inning. buck was an idiot nad left in pedro strop even when he couldnt find the plate. 2 hits and 2 walks and no outs, yankees score 5 runs in the inning and ti ethe game. oday ends the inning and jones leads off the bottom of the 8th and immediately hits a home ru nto retake the lead, o's own
i'm wearing an orioles hat right now

ilmdge posted:

so the orioles were beating the yankees by a lot and fell apart in the 8th inning. buck was an idiot nad left in pedro strop even when he couldnt find the plate. 2 hits and 2 walks and no outs, yankees score 5 runs in the inning and ti ethe game. oday ends the inning and jones leads off the bottom of the 8th and immediately hits a home ru nto retake the lead, o's own

good. fuck the yankees.

i just realized the moral imperative is to support the orioles against the yankees in the AL east. being a mariners fan makes you lose perspective of whats important, it kind of turns the season into an aimless RPG style thing where u just watch your boys "develop" i.e. fail to meet grandiose expectations
As other major league teams are said to be lining up to check out this latest talent to defect from Cuba, the Orioles may be out of the running.

"We - Mr. Angelos in particular - feel that it best not to do anything that could be interpreted as being disrespectful or ... encouraging players to defect," Syd Thrift, the O's vice president for baseball operations told the Washington Times in May.

The team's apparent desire not to hire defectors for fear of insulting Cuban President Fidel Castro - an issue that the U.S. Justice Department recently decided to investigate - has Morales looking elsewhere for employment.

While Orioles officials have backed off from the statement, Republican Sen. Jesse Helms of North Carolina, a longtime Castro antagonist, succeeded in getting the Justice Department to investigate the team for possible discrimination in hiring practices.

old story but ahah jesse helms rofl
also: the Orioles were also the only team unwilling to employ scabs during the strike in 1994.
lol reynolds and davis back tro back home runs hahahahaha im drunk
have you seen that doc about the dominican farm system. its pretty cool
Yeah MY GIRLFRIEND is both a Giants and a Yankees fan and it's disgusting
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]