publish dis: 8=>

discipline posted:

haha I was telling everyone you were just a gimmick but after reading this exchange I really do believe you are a virgin and also autistic

yeah because it's autistic to ask people to treat rape victims in a serious manner. that's such a radfem thing to say.

Cycloneboy posted:

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

i mean yeah stabler goes a little over the line sometimes but he just has a temper, not some 'its ok to beat people up during interrogations shit.' jeez...

i never watched law & order, i just have a general policy against most cop shows bc they're repugnant.

what about

[account deactivated]
cycloneboy did u have this gimmick in old lf too or was your thing just being a homeschooled child or something
i think cycloneboy is fucking with us hes just rly good at acting earnest. he may or may not be asexual or actually hold these opinions but i think hes a smart young guy and is being sarcastic mroe than we give him credit for
like every once in a while hell drop a joke about the grandma he murdered and its liked yea this kid is weird and nerdy and probably ugly and gay but he does have a sense of humor its just v esoteric
catalysisboy are you secretly a hot babe? y/n

Noice posted:

cycloneboy did u have this gimmick in old lf too or was your thing just being a homeschooled child or something

i was a homeschooled asexual child back in old lf but i was not yet fully aware of the degree to which our society erases male rape.

i mean i don't think that CDC NISVS report was even around back then.
[account deactivated]
cycloneteen do you think it is a material factor in female-on-male rape that most males do not appear to have any problem with being raped by the standard definition of the term

Goethestein posted:

cycloneteen do you think it is a material factor in female-on-male rape that most males do not appear to have any problem with being raped by the standard definition of the term

read teh op.

[account deactivated]
to respond more in-depth to Goethestein's question: there is not sufficient data to understand properly what is going on inside the heads of men who give these opinions. it is, at present, impossible to say conclusively "most men don't mind being raped" because there is simply too little research in the field of male rape victimization, in particular in terms of the long-term effects on men who claim that they're cool with it.
[account deactivated]
Publish cyclone boy's review or else i will go ham. This is your ONLY warning.
[account deactivated]

Cycloneboy posted:

to respond more in-depth to Goethestein's question: there is not sufficient data to understand properly what is going on inside the heads of men who give these opinions. it is, at present, impossible to say conclusively "most men don't mind being raped" because there is simply too little research in the field of male rape victimization, in particular in terms of the long-term effects on men who claim that they're cool with it.

i maen string out post hoc ergo propter hoc all you likle, but you may want to consider that the possible lack of definitive research into the field of "male rape victimization" is due to the actual scarcity of male victims?

i m literally a 15-year-old adolescent boy, homeschooled, with severe social issues. i am being totally earnest. i was pretty alarmed to discover cycloneboy's existent repute here when i originally encountered this Forum, as his circumstance bears an uncanny similarity to my descriptive existence. regardless, men haven't been a rape, really, so this greyhound kid's speculations are dead-end hindrances to actual issues interminably. later

cycloneboy is 16 at least by now

anyways i brought up the possibility (MODNOTE: EDIT: that i was raped - EO) to my (female but still cis) co-workers today and they thought it was laughable but i guess they are the Perpetrators, and us men are more often than not the Victims, right?

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
yer a catchphrase, BITCH
sorry i didnt mean that, tpaine. youre so much more than a catchphrase...
[account deactivated]
cycloneboy, autistic asexual virgin and the internet's foremost authority on rape by envelopment, of men by women.

eccentricdeathmongrel posted:

i maen string out post hoc ergo propter hoc all you likle, but you may want to consider that the possible lack of definitive research into the field of "male rape victimization" is due to the actual scarcity of male victims?

A fair question, given that you seem to be fairly new here and thus unaware of some of my earlier shouting from the rafters on this subject. Although this field is largely untapped, the CDC NISVS does offer statistics on numerous things, among them the number of men who were the victims of attempted or completed rape by envelopment in 2010 (1,267,000, of whom 78.2% were victimized exclusively by women) and the number of women who were the victims of attempted or completed rape by penetration in 2010 (1,270,000, of whom 93.3% were victimized exclusively by men). Note, for when you go read it yourself: it calls "rape by envelopment" "made to penetrate", but whatever.

Rape in the CDC NISVS is defined as " through the use of physical force (such as being pinned or held down, or by the use of violence) or threats to physically harm and includes times when the victim was drunk, high, drugged, or passed out and unable to consent"

the CDC NISVS also suggests that lifetime rates are 3:1 (18.3% to ~6.1%), however, this seeming disconnect between lifetime and recent memory can be explained by the way that men tend to be much less likely to recall sexual abuse in the distant past.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

anyways i brought up the possibility (MODNOTE: EDIT: that i was raped - EO) to my (female but still cis) co-workers today and they thought it was laughable

so? do women have some sort of immunity to holding regressive attitudes? the idea that men can be raped or sexually assaulted by women is considered rather laughable in our culture, the fact that the people you brought it up with were born with vaginas won't suddenly grant them ~magical empathy~.

the author of chap 10 of Sexually Aggressive Women (FROM THE OP THAT NEEDS TO BE PUBLISHED) relates a story which illustrates that he was fairly clearly sexually assaulted (groped by a large group women on an elevator, ironically on the way to a rape prevention seminar) and this was completely laughed off by his colleagues too (he is a counseling psychologist).

take your experience - infidelity threatened with exposure in order to coerce more sex from a previously willing partner - and switch the genders of the victim and perpetrator. Would you question whether that was rape? the factual reality of rape does not change based upon one's reaction (any more than the factual reality of a car crash changes on the basis of physical damage to the people involved), so if you still have any lingering doubts, assume that the victim actually was seriously affected.

I miss Coneslammer
cyclone status: slammed.

tpaine posted:

is t hat all i am to you people. a catchphrase

catchphrase

corey posted:

publish cycloneboys piece. Fucktards

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i think cycloneboy is fucking with us hes just rly good at acting earnest. he may or may not be asexual or actually hold these opinions but i think hes a smart young guy and is being sarcastic mroe than we give him credit for

he's funny and self aware imo

if you've seen it, what are your thoughts on the movie Super? was the rape by envelopment of rainn wilson's character by ellen page a harrowing depiction of the reality of female sexual violence, or did the movie ultimately trivialize the issue by passing over it so quickly?
its a dialectic. what you say is true, and yet, at the same time, he is a human child raised by a pack of actuaries

jools posted:

its a dialectic. what you say is true, and yet, at the same time, he is a human child raised by a pack of actuaries

my mother is an english teacher and my father is a computer programmer who's become(ing) an EMT.

He's funny and self-aware of his own worst tendencies, but he chooses to reinforce them through semi-ironic self-indulgent detatched exaggeration rather than actually confront his issues, much like all of us on the web, lol
my only flaw is that, sometimes... i'm too awesome.
i know i should stop treating every conversation like an opportunity to start an argument but i just... can't... stop.

swirlsofhistory posted:

if you've seen it, what are your thoughts on the movie Super? was the rape by envelopment of rainn wilson's character by ellen page a harrowing depiction of the reality of female sexual violence, or did the movie ultimately trivialize the issue by passing over it so quickly?

Here's the scene for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZpBGrecd4

wow...how nice that when a girl rapes a guy everyone thinks it's no big deal. nobody else finds this scene disturbing and just wrong? :/

fujikokun 6 months ago 23

nope. not one bit. maybe if she were ugly or fat, but this is Ellen Page we're talking about!

Josh Mahaffey in reply to fujikokun 1 month ago

i kinda want to write a thing about how all this rape by envelopment is really erasure of real rape but lol