[account deactivated]
this forum sucks

statickinetics posted:

this forum sucks

i know it seems pretty easy to criticize johns from your place of privilege, but if they weren't volunteering to pay desperate women for sex, those women would be out robbing your house or taking your tax dollars through welfare.

statickinetics posted:

this forum sucks

and?

Goethestein posted:

i know it seems pretty easy to criticize johns from your place of privilege, but if they weren't volunteering to pay desperate women for sex, those women would be out robbing your house or taking your tax dollars through welfare.

lol as if i'll ever pay taxes

the draft argument is my favorite troop argument
i still cant believe so many people on the first page were like, "bluuhh?? but these arguments seem so fraudulent and also so similar to troop arguments!!" u ppl are real dumb imo
much like your posting
perhaps peoples' credulity in the face of your ostentatious misogyny and hypocrisy should give you pause, goat
"wow the goat is being really gross and chauvinistic, this seems strange and makes me wonder if he is being satirical": a thing no one has ever thought

Meursault posted:

getfiscal posted:

That show is so bad and it makes me upset they're bscially 100% ripping off Tobias' saying dumb homoerotic stuff gag from Arrested Development. Everything else about the show, including the fact that I have to watch weekly it due to my gf likes it, also makes me upset

alot of things your gf do make me upset, as well

i'm always being satirical.
Somebody get Melissa Grant to post here.

Goethestein posted:

i still cant believe so many people on the first page were like, "bluuhh?? but these arguments seem so fraudulent and also so similar to troop arguments!!" u ppl are real dumb imo

le epic rageface

Goethestein posted:

i'm always being satirical.

it is the kind of irony used to shield someone when espousing shitty opinions in a most cowardly and boring way

im sorry you feel that way.
So no one is confused in the future let me delineate: I'm an irl feminist. "Half the stuff I say/ I just make it up / To make you mad / So kiss my white naked ass" - Jacques Lacan
The men's rights movement is ridiculous but I enjoy it as a microcosm of identity politics and first-world self absorption
we're not mad goatstein. just disappointed. *puts on hoodie, turns away*

getfiscal was probated until (Feb. 20, 2013 08:50:17) for this post!

AmericanNazbro posted:

Impper posted:

i got paid to have sex once

how much did you get paid lol

a girl bought me dinner, drinks, snacks, cigarettes, more drinks, cab fare, breakfast, and then cab fare to go home. i guess i didn't get cash in hand except when she gave me money for the cab home

*looks at ur butt lol*
*looks at ur butt lol*

Goethestein was probated until (Feb. 20, 2013 08:48:45) for this post!

Impper posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Impper posted:

snacks

did you know they have pringles now that taste exactly like a mcdonald's cheeseburger

wow fuk dam. no
Yo Goatstein i just read this thread and you're becoming an old reactionary way too fast.

Go read* to your kid instead of sperging about about what women want to wear on their heads, jesus

*anything but ur posts
I've been in favour of legalized prostitution like we have here for a while simply because of the belief that if it's regulated and under government purview it's better for everybody involved.

However recently more and more shit about the 'regulated' industry is coming out involving scams and debt bondage to Malaysian and Thai students who come here and find themselves in slavery basically.

So I don't know what to think about it now. I also realize the underlying assumption to all this is that men seeking out prostitutes is inevitable and we either have a regulated or criminalized system for it. I'd be all for stigmatizing prostitution to lower it's prevalence (like drink driving for instance) but how would one go about this? It's already stigmatized here where there's a brothel in every neighborhood in even the rich parts of town, I guess lots of people are going to them but i don't hear people saying "catcha later dude, i'm gonna drop by La Petite Aroma and then pick up the kids at soccer."

anyway i'm not being glib but i remember having this discussion in lf like 4 years ago where i saw a legalized/regulated system of prostitution that kept it 'off the streets' as a progressive policy. Now i'm not so sure. The more i read about the racial and class elements and the duplicity and coercion that sex workers are subject to, the more the Goatstein/me four years ago viewpoint seems to be rooted in imbecilic libertarian ideas.

Edited by Ironicwarcriminal ()

Goethestein posted:

sex workers in decriminalized western zones seem to be pretty happy with what they do. checketh thine privi-liege

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/02/04/15/02/sex-slaves-at-sydney-brothel-court-told

Sex slaves at Sydney brothel, court told
2:51pm February 4, 2013

A woman accused of running a Sydney brothel told the women she held in alleged "sexual servitude" they had to perform sex acts to pay off the debts they incurred in coming to Australia, a court has heard.

Chee Mei Wong, 37, has pleaded not guilty to one count of sexual servitude and six counts of breaching visas, including exploiting workers.

At the opening day of her trial in the NSW District Court in Sydney on Monday, it was alleged Ms Wong, also known as "Yoko", ran the Diamonds brothel in Willoughby in Sydney's north between August 2008 and 2010.

She allegedly employed six women of Indian background, who were recruited in Malaysia and sent to Australia on student visas.

Crown prosecutor Carolyn Davenport SC said the women spoke little to no English and were told they would have to work until they paid off the cost of their airfare, visa and course fees - amounting to a debt of around $5000.

"They were also told upon arrival what services they must perform at the brothel," Ms Davenport said.

When some of them refused, they were told they must.

"They were told that they were not allowed to leave the brothel until they had paid off their debt."

While student visa regulations stipulated the women could only work 20 hours per week, it is alleged they were working seven days a week, with Saturday and Sunday shifts often running from midday until 4 or 5am.

Despite the women having paid off their debt after a "short period of time" it is alleged Ms Wong threatened she would have their visas revoked if they left.

But Ms Wong's barrister Bruce Quinn said she was a "woman of good character" who only worked at the brothel as a casual receptionist.

He said the matter was simply an "industrial dispute" and a "sham" created so the women could stay in Australia".

"There was no sexual servitude and there was no working beyond 20 hours", he told the jury.

The trial before Judge Deborah Sweeney continues.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Impper posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

Impper posted:

a girl bought me dinner, drinks, snacks, cigarettes, more drinks, cab fare, breakfast, and then cab fare to go home. i guess i didn't get cash in hand except when she gave me money for the cab home

that doesn't count.

[account deactivated]
third world prostitution documentary

http://viooz.eu/movies/8984-whores-glory-2011.html

VoxNihili posted:

third world prostitution documentary

http://viooz.eu/movies/8984-whores-glory-2011.html

"Tells several stories of prostitution around the world. The documentary revolves around the lives and individual hopes, needs and experiences of the women."

this thing has more rent boy erasure than a Sao Paulo shopping strip

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Yo Goatstein i just read this thread and you're becoming an old reactionary way too fast.

Go read* to your kid instead of sperging about about what women want to wear on their heads, jesus

*anything but ur posts

the hijab is a symbol of oppression + looks ridiculous

I've been in favour of legalized prostitution like we have here for a while simply because of the belief that if it's regulated and under government purview it's better for everybody involved.

However recently more and more shit about the 'regulated' industry is coming out involving scams and debt bondage to Malaysian and Thai students who come here and find themselves in slavery basically.

So I don't know what to think about it now. I also realize the underlying assumption to all this is that men seeking out prostitutes is inevitable and we either have a regulated or criminalized system for it. I'd be all for stigmatizing prostitution to lower it's prevalence (like drink driving for instance) but how would one go about this? It's already stigmatized here where there's a brothel in every neighborhood in even the rich parts of town, I guess lots of people are going to them but i don't hear people saying "catcha later dude, i'm gonna drop by La Petite Aroma and then pick up the kids at soccer."

anyway i'm not being glib but i remember having this discussion in lf like 4 years ago where i saw a legalized/regulated system of prostitution that kept it 'off the streets' as a progressive policy. Now i'm not so sure. The more i read about the racial and class elements and the duplicity and coercion that sex workers are subject to, the more the Goatstein/me four years ago viewpoint seems to be rooted in imbecilic libertarian ideas.

of course it's a progressive policy. outlawing it doesn't work and has never worked, and that was before the internet. i'm sure you can find any number of horror stories from the legalized prostitution industry; that's because this world is fallen and this species is monstrous. take for example that australian indentured sex servant story. do you think that wouldn't have happened in an illegal environment? do you think the women would have been more or less likely to come forward?

[account deactivated]
good morning khamsek.
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

of course it's a progressive policy. outlawing it doesn't work and has never worked, and that was before the internet. i'm sure you can find any number of horror stories from the legalized prostitution industry; that's because this world is fallen and this species is monstrous. take for example that australian indentured sex servant story. do you think that wouldn't have happened in an illegal environment? do you think the women would have been more or less likely to come forward?

even if it's legal it's still all gross and pimpy like the shit that goes on in nevada. and the fact remains that needy women are having to sell their body for money which is obviously a problem even if the government does sanction it and normalize it. maybe there isnt any solution in the capitalist world but if only everyone just had a basic guaranteed minimum income...