swampman posted:

If I got mad at bhpn for doing that it would constitute the practical extent of my activism against sex tourism, and I suspect for most others here

this is rat scum rhetoric in any situation and you should absolutely know better, demanding people either out their activism on a public forum with a litany of Sufficiently Paid Dues or stay silent. i wasn't excited to get involved in this argument turning over for the 8 millionth time but what the fuck?

shriekingviolet posted:

this is rat scum rhetoric in any situation and you should absolutely know better, demanding people either out their activism on a public forum with a litany of Sufficiently Paid Dues or stay silent. i wasn't excited to get involved in this argument turning over for the 8 millionth time but what the fuck?

I disagree that what I said is "silencing" to anyone, I also don't agree that this is an "argument"

Lorem "ipsum" dolor sit amet, "consectetur" adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore "magna" aliqua.
Do you think this thread gets bumped because someone is seriously concerned with bhpn's influence here and their endless promotion of prostitution
all this talk of sex tourism is tearing us apart. i for one hope all those third world women who have accepted very small amounts of money in exchange for sex feel bad about what they've done to this forum
ok everyone i've paid enormous sums of money to contract the world's greatest detectives and we've discovered the secret ulterior motive: this thread was bumped because something funny was guaranteed to happen
*swampman pulls the mask off the ghostly figure*
why it wasn't a terrible misadventure in sex tourism at all, it was just old man tpaine trying to scare us!
and he would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those darn kids!

babyfinland posted:

Everything you said about the Philippines applies to my experience in Thailand as well.

[account deactivated]
Years ago I was working in a warehouse with several dudes about 10 years older than me and they took me to a strip club as like a 'welcome to the gang, young one' thing and I got a couple lap dances. That was before I was political and I would never do it again.

I dunno exactly why I feel compelled to share this, but people fuck up and do immoral things but I don't think that excludes them from being political associates for time immemorial.

I would miss bhpn posts

itt we learn the rhizzone is a hiding place for former comrade deltas
*reading thread* lol
who gives a shit
"man it's really insane how white tourists in the philippines don't see the internal contradictions of capitalism when they see voting and parliamentarism don't actually structually change the material conditions of the worker class here" *has sex with 6 prostitutes*
Huey is a good poster and I have learned a lot from their perspective (even when they are wrong)

Still nobody has answered the question of what they need to do?

I guess the solution is never do anything bad, but if you do don't post about it or post any personal info
[account deactivated]
fuck off tpaine
*tugs collar*

your honor, i believe the comments in question were made before the zzone mandated voluntary celibacy from all of its members

babyhueypnewton posted:

roseweird posted:

like for example i don't think bhpn has ever been contrite or self-critical but who wants to argue with a reddit mod

Petrol posted:

Sure, paying to rape a bunch of third world women sounds bad, but what a great story

Guess I can't say anything without it being used against me. If you don't want me to post here just say so because I am also inclined to not post here. So far this place hasn't affected my real life but I know it's only a matter of time when colddays says "on and off the rhizzone" and most of the people here seem happy to sell me out. And yes, threatening to leave is really the only option left when self-criticism becomes a bludgeon since bullying lives on both passive acceptance and active resistance. Guess my parents have to make me switch schools.

huey i hope you dont leave.

[account deactivated]
I would prefer if you stuck around, babey huey, and even more it would probably be swell if you penned a lengthy apology to all the compartisans here who are ready to strip you of your reddit mod standing and throw you into the штрафбат
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol
[account deactivated]
kind of like The Hangover but with more offensive stereotypes
[account deactivated]
hello to this thread full of posting superstars. hi and hello to all.

xipe posted:

Huey is a good poster and I have learned a lot from their perspective (even when they are wrong)

Still nobody has answered the question of what they need to do?

I guess the solution is never do anything bad, but if you do don't post about it or post any personal info

there's a sacrament for that. that way when the priest tells him to post a lengthy self-criticism on the rhizzone as penance he'll get heaven points for it.

[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

Half the reason I joined this forum, as a complete noob to leftist ideology, is thanks to this post by bhpn which resonated with me and reminded me of my experiences in West Africa and the Middle East. I like the dude and want more.

what STIs did you get?