along with callisthenics for biceps training ive graduated from lifting gramsci's prison notebooks to a handle of whiskey refilled with water (i drank the whiskey). ive been doing some isometric exercises which have been working pretty well..... ive noticed that my right arm is significantly weaker than my left, it gets all shakey after a minute or so. this is annoying as im forced to interrupt the symmetry of my routine. also how do i do pullups w/o a bar. any other tips & tricks in Project Get Ken Swole are welcome. also chat about gettin swole yourselves, music to get swole to, books about gettin swole (convict conditioning, sun & steel), fighting, the philosophy of the body, fascism, etc.

Cast Away Illusions, Prepare For Struggle - Arnold Schwarzenegger
exercise is awesome, it's essential for any serious revolutionary, it pumps you full of tasty endorphins, it transforms fragile aesthetes into (wo)men of wisdom and understanding. getfiscal. get swole w/ me getfiscal
why do you frame everything in terms of personal delusions of heroic grandeur. why cant you just appreciate that exercise is good for human being. why this stuff about revolutionary. you dont revolution, you just drink beers and act gay with impper on a forum. This is nonsense. downvoting.
because exercising for actual health and wellness is lame
pretending youre a superhero because you read a book about some russian tyrants is way cooler.
bany finland doesnt drink beers. he revolutions (around the counter at the sizzler, piling more and more stuff onto his plate with each circuit)
i prefer fight club
My Lyfe as a Gay Nazi Boi by Dad Kane
you two need to quit teasing each otehr and go out on a proper date
Q: Can I get sawab (reward) in going to the gym getting my body in shape for my future wife? (text)

A: Allah (SWT) rewards a man for looking his best for his family. We agree, it not only for a woman to look her best, men too must place some effort into the matter. Allah has given us all a body as part of Amanah (trust.) This trust demands that we eat healthy and place into our bodies that which benefits our physical and spiritual health. Good health also requires exercise to the extent that the gym or area of exercise does not become our second home.

Make your intention as follows: Oh Allah i am seeking better health to better remember you and can be of better service and more appealing to Your creation so as to aid your creation to all types of good. Ameen

Rules:

Go and exercise when the opposite gender is not present. Guard your eyes and refrain from looking at what Allah has made forbidden for you to look at. Your going to the gym is due to an alternative not existing for you at your home, gym at your apartment complex, work, etc.

You must be in an environment that does not entice you to advance in any added wrongs.

Allah Certainly Knows Best.
[account deactivated]
dont work out every day, do it every other day or else you will be wasting your effort. you have to have a 48 period of protein synthesis to make gains from your work out.

youer gonna have to start eating a lot too if you work out pretty seriously. but you prob dont cuz ur a little flemish reactionary.
yes a 'liberal' amount of exercise will do you fine
i love that they add 'allah knows best' to all those things, its like allah is a frumpy housewife admonishing her children
i ate another burrito today
Allah is gay in San Francisco, black in South Africa, an Asian in Europe, a Chicano in San Ysidro, an anarchist in Spain, a Palestinian in Israel, a Mayan Indian in the streets of San Cristobal,… a Jew in Germany, a Gypsy in Poland, a Mohawk in Quebec, a pacifist in Bosnia, a single woman on the Metro at 10pm, a peasant without land, a gang member in the slums, an unemployed worker, a frumpy housewife in Missouri

deadken posted:
i love that they add 'allah knows best' to all those things, its like allah is a frumpy housewife admonishing her children

they say that to mean "this is just what makes sense to me, i cuold be wrong, allah knows best"

doing arms is completely worthless unless you've laid down a base of core strength. get a bar and start doing compound lifts before you waste your time doing curls or isometrics imo
doing arms is not 'useless' you just should do really toned down versions of everything to begin with. no pullups or pushups or shit like that.

shennong posted:
doing arms is completely worthless unless you've laid down a base of core strength. get a bar and start doing compound lifts before you waste your time doing curls or isometrics imo

ya this

and dont use machines, those are for old women and injured people rehabilitating specific muscles. Free Weights for Free Men

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
doing arms is not 'useless' you just should do really toned down versions of everything to begin with. no pullups or pushups or shit like that.

noob

FUck you man. I don't need this shit. I'm just offering up my two cents. What part of being muslim includes being a fuckin' dick to people and calling them noobs? What's your problem, Tom?

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

no its actually a near-total waste of time if you don't have core strength because you don't have your stabilisers at the point where they can effectively support your arms in any real-world application which is why every gym is filled with idiots with huge arms who can't actually move loads with them

also pullups are really good for your back and def should be in there

where's the hadith where muhammed says 'be a condescending asshole on the itnernet?'

shennong posted:
no its actually a near-total waste of time if you don't have core strength because you don't have your stabilisers at the point where they can effectively support your arms in any real-world application which is why every gym is filled with idiots with huge arms who can't actually move loads with them

also pullups are really good for your back and def should be in there

building up strength in your arms using correct and healthy method is still not bad or a waste because it's still there, even if at the time you cannot utilize it

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
FUck you man. I don't need this shit. I'm just offering up my two cents. What part of being muslim includes being a fuckin' dick to people and calling them noobs? What's your problem, Tom?

Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart - and that is the weakest of faith.

it's a waste because you're not going to be lifting anywhere near as effectively or with as much load as you would if you were good at compound lifts. so yeah, you can get big arms if all you do is curls and steroid injections, but it's a lot more work for much less reward than just starting with basic compound lifts like bench press, shoulder press, rows etc all of which use your arms and are going to make you generally huge, and then adding more specific arm stuff later if you need it (most people don't). people quit lifting all the time because they think they can just do arms & chest every day and get huge and don't realise that it's a hell of a lot easier if you just go do compound lifts three times a week
true facts "emanuelaorlandi" (not real name) is a skinny as a hindu pearl diver

shennong posted:
it's a waste because you're not going to be lifting anywhere near as effectively or with as much load as you would if you were good at compound lifts. so yeah, you can get big arms if all you do is curls and steroid injections, but it's a lot more work for much less reward than just starting with basic compound lifts like bench press, shoulder press, rows etc all of which use your arms and are going to make you generally huge, and then adding more specific arm stuff later if you need it (most people don't). people quit lifting all the time because they think they can just do arms & chest every day and get huge and don't realise that it's a hell of a lot easier if you just go do compound lifts three times a week

ya u can get strong really fast if u know what youre doing. when people tell me they spend 2 hours in the gym everyday im just like whyyyyyyy

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

ibs

low blow Garnett

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
What part of being muslim includes being a fuckin' dick to people and calling them noobs?

Listen to Jedi Mind Tricks

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
how do i core strength without any weights except a handle of whiskey emptied of whiskey and filled with water
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:
how do i core strength without any weights except a handle of whiskey emptied of whiskey and filled with water

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/plank.htm

or this

babyfinland posted:

deadken posted:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/plank.htm

thankyou