thank you for saying toeing
[account deactivated]
i'm a dawkins atheist obviously, i'm not a moron, although i did tell that reverend or whatever he is that i respect "the christian life" and enjoy reading about theology, which is true, although "religion is poison" (mao zedong in kundun)
[account deactivated]
i am not one of THOSE atheists because my bodyfat percentage is between 5 and 20
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i'm not sober enough to tell a joke but anyone who whines about atheists or has any sympathy for religion or its adherents isn't a communist

You're not allowed to be an atheist anymore because you have to stand against Richard Dawkins' Islamophobia. Meanwhile the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic fundamentalists have 100x the political influence (used completely negatively) which they use actively kill and oppress people, but really the problem is the atheists, because they probably wear fedoras and watch My Little Pony. The left is made up of opportunists so of course goatstein jumps ship at the first opportunity.

let's all join atheist churches and rescue the good parts of religion
i almost started a theology degree this year but then the jesuit priest i was supposed to talk to about my admissions package didn't get back to me immediately and i thought about it for a bit and decided that, being that i didn't really believe in god, it might be a waste of time and money i guess. so i chicked out! but i will find something bigger and better to do, like post on the rhizzone.

edit: chickened out.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

it's impossible to overestimate how stupid the average person is, it's interesting because our little culture here is very insular and insulated and i think the main problem with lf/rhizzone/wddp/whatever is that you simply don't have enough contact with the common person and it's easy to let this insularity color your political outlook insofar as you don't often enough take into consideration the complete and undeniable absolute uselessness of all but maybe a dozen or so people in any united states county. sit there and try to imagine the stupidest person you can. you probably won't be able to, because by virtue of being able to operate a computer and being discerning enough to have orbited your fey, lugubrious ass to this website, you have entirely lost touch with the average human being and the absolute fucking inane garbage thoughts that dominate their every waking moment. the dumbest and most vile thing you can imagine--now double that, and you've almost accounted for the majority of shit that calls themselves human in your vicinity. it's the height of arrogance to think you're capable of salvaging this mess, and the height of ignorance to think it's worth salvaging

[account deactivated]
you can't look at the 2000s resurgence of atheism except in the context of 9/11 and increasing islamophobia, particularly in europe. but because everybody is a good liberal now we turn up our noses at the people who just bash muslims, but if they say they hate all religions and christians are dumb and muslims are dangerous psychotic scum then that's cool because they're Criticizing Everybody. it's like if a sizable percentage of america responded to pearl harbor by saying their anti-jap sentiment is predicated on japanese culture which is not racist plus they hate all foreigners
that's my experience too, with the three people i met in 2014
i had a friend that played everquest in like the late 90's and you could pick your religious preference in that game. i think we decided that agnostic is the best choice; the same goes for real life
[account deactivated]
tpaine is dad all fucked up on gas station beer and itchin for a fight
you can get really good beer from some gas stations
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the only reason i ever trolled atheists was because they always reply. like if you even make a post with the word atheist on twitter there are groups of people who monitor that word for posts and then reply with arguments to defend atheism. so it was fun for a while in 2011 to post stupid conflations of atheism with scientology and then troll all the angry people who replied. hell, i'm not proud of it, but it got me through the day.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

some of you should join paltalk xD

what's paltalk

religions exist in different contexts tpaine. islam is as fraudulent as any other but hatred of it does not have the same sources, audiences, tactics, goals or results. im so sorry
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

how can something EXIST in a CONTEXT. ARE WE NOT IN FUCKING REALITY

oh my god are you serious

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
oh. i've never really used voice chats or stuff like that, and never with online people. i think i'd be too self-conscious.
I support your right to constructively criticize all religions, and I think Dawkins et al get a bad rap.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

guys, i don't agree with the way the torah compels a groommgnngong *balled-up der sturmer cartoon from 1939 shoved into your mouth*

huh, i think that certain tenets of Catholicism especially are unfounded, bec--*is slapped across the face with a paddleboard with "The Fucking Troubles, you transphobe" hastily scrawled on it in makeup*

i think it's wrong for adherents of islam to push their beliefs in their communities because they're based on an unproveable and unshared...er, no, i don't want all women to be naked all the time just because i'm criticizing something that suggests they dress modestly...er, no i don't *goes on for 6 hours*

tpaine stands over a pile of dead arab kids doing the john cena taunt. your epistemology look like a dishrag he says before tripping and passing out in a crater