marriage is honest and fulfilling like 3% of the time in the US and the only reason polyamory is underutilized is because we live in a patriarchal culture where having honest and open relationships is shameful

animedad posted:

marriage is honest and fulfilling like 3% of the time in the US and the only reason polyamory is underutilized is because we live in a patriarchal culture where having honest and open relationships is shameful

this is only 51% of the equation. the remainder is really-existing polyamorous people

me posted:

the thing about polyamory is that there's nothing inherently wrong with it and it might even be attractive if you didn't know a lot about it. it's like if you went into gay rights with a warm heart and open mind until you found out that improbably enough literally 100% of gay people are drug addicted child molesters

thats an awfully convenient position for someone with a wife and kids and status in society, and speaks more to your own disingenuousness
but on a positive note, those posts were excellent getfiscal

animedad posted:

thats an awfully convenient position for someone with a wife and kids and status in society, and speaks more to your own disingenuousness

how is that convenient lol. i'd love it if the poly people were right and you could actually have a healthy sexual relationship with multiple attractive people

animedad posted:

but on a positive note, those posts were excellent getfiscal

thank you.

getfiscal is a good poster

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

getfiscal is a good poster

Thank you, and please post the pictures of the half-Steampunk wedding you attended.

animedad posted:

The point of view of the minority is dogmatic instead of critical, idealistic instead of materialistic. They regard not the real conditions but a mere effort of will as the driving force of the revolution. Whereas we say to the workers: ‘You will have to go through 15, 20, 50 years of civil wars and national struggles not only to bring about a change in society but also to change yourselves, and prepare yourselves for the exercise of political power’, you say on the contrary: ‘Either we seize power at once, or else we might as well just take to our beds.’ Whereas we are at pains to show the German workers in particular how rudimentary the development of the German proletariat is, you appeal to the patriotic feelings and the class prejudice of the German artisans, flattering them in the grossest way possible, and this is a more popular method, of course. Just as the word ‘people’ has been given an aura of sanctity by the democrats, so you have done the same for the word ‘proletariat’. Like the democrats you substitute the catchword of revolution for revolutionary development
Karl Marx

tfw when you see the first 3 words and autoquote

berniebro y/n?
now that the inevitability of bernie's loss is sinking in, the goons for bernie are contemplating a violent revolution of welfare capitalism

[account deactivated]
Well... my halfassed do nothing approach to politics fail completely.. wonder if i have any other option but.... war.........
[account deactivated]
im being pushed to also think some violence might be nessesary, not now of course,
is house of cards modeling violent overthrow of the government yet? i think that would help a lot

animedad posted:

how is that convenient lol. i'd love it if the poly people were right and you could actually have a healthy sexual relationship with multiple attractive people

meet the millennials who didn't get stoned orgies out of the way during high school

*clears throat until all conversation has ceased and i am the subject of the undivided attention of the entire room* Goon's.
I think more about the goon with the four year old who has been raiding the continental breakfast at the Ramada across the overpass for two months, and whose wife lost another semester at community college, and who sold their grandma's heirloom china for half the value over Craigslist, because they put like four months' pay into the Sanders campaign, so when Sanders gives up, they see red, get online and start thinking like "That's it, now I'm REALLY getting involved," and the first thing they see is like, a teacher's union is planning a demonstration and they think, "ah, a protest! I have all these smoke bombs, super glue, and a Maverick dart stockpile that my landlord has referred to as 'unacceptable'." and more generally will cause problem, via what the writer of Achewood might refer to as Behaviors
lol if you haven't been posting fake bernie donation stories this whole time
donating money to political campaigns. people do this.

HenryKrinkle posted:

donating money to political campaigns. people do this.

in my province if you give, for example, $100 to a political party, the government refunds $75 of it, so in that situation it makes some sense. like if there were an ontario syriza promising to bring us the prosperity of greece, yeah i'd donate to them.

Maybe its like an investment, you donate to candidates you think might win, maybe your name possibly gets auto-deleted from a theoretical executions.xml someday

*puts con te partiro on the record player*
Donate under a fake name so that your commemorative brick in the monument to the last Muslim says something funny like "Mr. Ballsack".

I read slate star codex pretty regularly to go "hmm thats an interesting thing about the psychiatric field" 90% of the time and "lol that someone over 12 years old could have this opinion" 10% of the time

mods?

edit: alternately, this explains so much

Edited by c_man ()

“Many of the young people here today are on the front lines of the battle to oppose the alarming Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement known as BDS,” Clinton said. “Particularly at a time when anti-Semitism is on the rise across the world, especially in Europe, we must repudiate all efforts to malign, isolate, and undermine Israel and the Jewish people. I have been sounding the alarm for a while now. As I wrote last year in a letter to the heads of major American Jewish organizations, we have to be united in fighting back against BDS.”
Lol
[account deactivated]
jews jews jews.. why the HELL do i have so MANY of these musty relics

troolari posted:

jews jews jews.. why the HELL do i have so MANY of these musty relics

dont tread on mee
conserve your seed. battle the amero
http://www.jewishpress.com/news/analysis-on-monday-bernie-sanders-turned-to-the-dark-side/2016/03/22/

I know you guys aren't fans of my posting here, and I do understand, and have reduced my support of bernie correspondingly. However, I figured you guys might get a kick out of this.

And he repeated the Arab lies about how Israel stealing Arab water: “Inadequate water supply has contributed to the degradation and desertification of Palestinian land. A lasting peace will have to recognize Palestinians are entitled to control their own lives, and there is nothing human life needs more than water.”

It stings worse when you hear it from a fellow Jew. We’re no fans of Hillary Clinton, but the Utah speech should also be the Jewish nail in Sanders presidential coffin.

And the finale haha

Bernie Sanders has abandoned all pretense of being a friend of Israel, never mind his declarations of friendship. In a calculated, cynical move, he has associated himself with the worst anti-Semitic forces in the US today. Compared with Students for a Free Palestine (SFP), the thugs who today are making life hell for Jews across America’s campuses, David Duke and the KKK are polite. And, make no mistake about it, SFP and the Council on American–Islamic Relations (CAIR) are Bernie Sanders’ ideological partners this election.

Bernie Sanders is now officially an enemy of the Jewish State.

Please close this thread and make the Bernie Sanders thread for 3/22-3/23

Red_Canadian posted:

I know you guys aren't fans of my posting here,

Actually you should post more

if people disagree with you it doesn't mean they don't like you
also bernie is by a pretty huge margin obviously the best candidate who ever had even the faintest chance of winning in not only this election but god alone knows how many back
i saw LF twitter was really giving it to bernie for his i/p speech so i guess it's all about expectations. if you consider that he's a halfway viable presidential candidate then it was a singularly good speech; if you're expecting something better or you don't think he's worth people on the left's support, you'll find ammunition for that position as well. i will admit that ill vote for bernie - probably the only time ever a dem candidate wont cross my red line of too abhorrent to validate the system by voting for - but he's already lost