if someone seems incapable of communicating earnestly, or uses earnestness to manipulate, they're probably not worth spending time around. that's what i know about relationships.

edit: if its a guy
premarital sex is sinful.
this shegetz sounds like a real meshuggeneh
c_man i'd appreciate you not calling me out
sever
Wow I'm not going to sit here and listen to get phistical brag about hooking up with discipline. I'm out. Smell you later forever.

Keven posted:

Wow I'm not going to sit here and listen to get phistical brag about hooking up with discipline. I'm out. Smell you later forever.

actually if i get a girlfriend i'm going to type with one finger and tell her i don't know how to use facebook right so that she doesn't find my enormous trove of relationship-killing posts.

dispo it's okay to feel confused now that you found love even if it was in the unlikeliest of places, with rhizzone forum poster mustang
http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-finds-swans-only-other-animals-who-mate-for,38198/

getfiscal posted:

the first guy who introduced himself to me said matter of factly "so you're a student?" i guess it was because i was wearing a beisbol hat. i'm almost 34 years old by our garbage solar calendar.

then a nice lawyer woman said "I couldn't help but notice your cap. Many of us are also fans of the Blue Jays baseball team." What da fuckey? We're in Toronto. It's not like a Tokyo Japan Post Bank Ink-Ample Squids baseball hat.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-might-be-wondering-why-im-wearing-a-cap-usuall,38236/

c_man posted:

if someone seems incapable of communicating earnestly, or uses earnestness to manipulate, they're probably not worth spending time around. that's what i know about relationships.

lol if you are still capable of earnest communication, or would even know what earnest communication is

shriekingviolet posted:

c_man posted:

lol if you are still capable of earnest communication, or would even know what earnest communication is

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/how-to-live-without-irony/

gyrofry posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

c_man posted:

neoromantic state of nature essentialist garbage.

Irony is actually good.
crazy, tasteless even, as it may sound, the problem with Hitler, i claim, is that he was not ironic enough... that his irony was not 'pomo' enough. and so on
Hitler is very similar to irony in that both were instrumental in shaping the modern world and both are actually good.
the woman who runs the psychoanalysis program seems hugely pissed at me because i emailed her a dozen times trying to clarify their admissions criteria. for example, they say you need to be a working professional with a minimum of a masters level education in a relevant field. i said, yes, but what if you're not a professional, or even working at all, and don't have a masters in any field. what then, ma'am. and this morning she said that, yes, they will consider my exceptional circumstances, and could let me in despite not having their requirements. so i fired off my application by courier and will now play hungry hungry hippos (simpsons ref') until they reject me. this is essentially how my week has gone with a few things lol.

getfiscal posted:

the woman who runs the psychoanalysis program seems hugely pissed at me because i emailed her a dozen times trying to clarify their admissions criteria. for example, they say you need to be a working professional with a minimum of a masters level education in a relevant field. i said, yes, but what if you're not a professional, or even working at all, and don't have a masters in any field. what then, ma'am. and this morning she said that, yes, they will consider my exceptional circumstances, and could let me in despite not having their requirements. so i fired off my application by courier and will now play hungry hungry hippos (simpsons ref') until they reject me. this is essentially how my week has gone with a few things lol.

get after it dog

shriekingviolet posted:

gyrofry posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

c_man posted:

read this as "neuromantic" and got excited for a moment

gyrofry posted:

thats a lot of words when all you have to do is not buy alanis morrisette cds!!

[account deactivated]

VoxNihili posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

gyrofry posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

c_man posted:

read this as "neuromantic" and got excited for a moment

necromantic would also be acceptable

getfiscal posted:

just tell her that similar to lacan, you are a complete charlatan, and therefore should probably be teaching the class much less merely being its best student

getfiscal posted:

congratulations, you're going to have sex in a small wooded area in the suburbs. bring a blanket.

I can only hope for the best

shriekingviolet posted:

c_man posted:

would you believe that you're doing it, right now????

nnnoooooo

getfiscal posted:

thanks.

anyshits,

i'm not depressed any more. i was worried i was manic but my therapist said she doesn't think so, she thinks i've just turned a corner. i've regained a lot of functioning. i'm also being very assertive. i will probably start working soon. i'm trying to convince a beginner's program in psychoanalysis to let me in for the fall. i've lost much of my social phobia and i'm much more able to engage in the world. i still get very anxious but it's bearable.

that's cool dude

yeah it is cool.
thank you. tomorrow morning i am volunteering in an office for the day just to see how it goes. if that goes okay then tuesday i will start searching for paid stuff.
In the Real Life:

This past week, while checking if books marked missing are in fact missing at the library, for the first time ever a prematurely declared lost title was discovered on the shelves: Go Down, Moses by William Faulkner

My existence is justified.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

I got a Faulkner book for Christmas. It has James Franco on the cover.

shriekingviolet posted:

nnnoooooo

danielle smith losing the nomination was funny to me.

the backwoods redneck homeschooled fundamentalists wing of my family is deeply entrenched in wild rose political circles, so it is especially funny to me to watch them get repeatedly owned by the most transparent opportunistic political con since the soc creds.
Nice. Anyhooo I did well today. Zero panic attacks.
in other real life news, an org i was part of in the past emailed me yesterday to ask that I return a book (cyclonopedia, natch) I borrowed from their library... in 2013. i politely informed their librarian that it's been sitting on their shelves for over a year, I personally saw it there last time I was in the office. they're at the end of their term, so they've been in the position for 12 months and have apparently just now decided that they should maybe check on overdue books?

getting that narcissistic "everything goes to shit when i'm gone" feeling.
[account deactivated]
uhm, i donmt know mate, i'm pretty sure when stalin got back to the safehouse after robbing banks lenin would tear him a new asshole for accidentally leaving behind a copy of the anti-dühring. wasnt that in the postscript?

tpaine posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

in other real life news, an org i was part of in the past emailed me yesterday to ask that I return a book (cyclonopedia, natch) I borrowed from their library... in 2013. i politely informed their librarian that it's been sitting on their shelves for over a year, I personally saw it there last time I was in the office. they're at the end of their term, so they've been in the position for 12 months and have apparently just now decided that they should maybe check on overdue books?

getting that narcissistic "everything goes to shit when i'm gone" feeling.

little things like this make me feel less and less guilty for not joining an organization. i mean deep down i know it's a completely pointless and profoundly lugubrious thing to do, but there was always this little niggling doubt that i wasn't putting my money where my mouth is. but i can proudly say that i have never belonged to group whose mission was to overthrow the capitalist system but who was spending time making sure its ex-members had returned a work of philosophical fan faction to its library

given how long it took to simply check whether a book was returned (and fail to even check properly,) you could give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they were in fact too busy smashing the state to maintain their library. you'd be wrong, because instead they were of course too busy imploding internally over petty bullshit. but you know, you could, in theory, imagine an optimistic version of this scenario

*looks up from playing bloodborne* yeah, yeah, smash the state, wooo! *returns to playing bloodborne for another 4-6 hours*
Can I just say that Montreal is probably the greatest city in Canada, and for a dumb young leftist, feels like its in a potentially revolutionary situation. Does anyone care? I'm starting to think the general strike on may 1st might be a big one, but maybe it always feels like this and then peters out. I'm still new here.

EDIT: New in Montreal, I've been earnest whitenoise posting here for awhile.