[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i detect a reticence to engage with my drunken rambling from the other night.

i found it *inhales slowly* repugnant

troops are cool, rap is cool, therefore soulja boy is like, double cool
prog rock song guy: a single buttercup floats into the sun. the sun and the moon are one. and the stars are a blanket for the fires of the trees *20 minute harpsichord solo*
tpaine: this is good. this is relevant to my life
tpaine calls rap fans racists for liking an imagined version of rap that he made up himself, in his own large and probably bald head
tbh i'm not surprised that tpaine doesn't understand the concept of party music when he spends every evening drinking alone and listening to songs about pistons or w/e
tpaine surrounded by young happy dancing people: what is this. this song doesn't mean anything. all people are idiots *goes home to listen to someone reading out the instruction manual for a hedge trimmer over a clarinet solo in 6/7 time*
http://www.pacificmicro.org/MEMPHISRAPMIXIII-MEMPHIS%20WITCHCRAFT.mp3 legowelts memphis rap mix III
anyway ive spent the last month or so listening non-stop to isaiah rashad's cilvia demo it's good as hell
thats rly good
the whole album is excellent
it's been compared to section.80 but i think it might be better because isaiah's managed to make an album that sounds polished & cohesive & has some great personal touches w/o having to do all the proggy "meaningful" concept album nonsense that kendrick likes so much
im a huge nerd with no problems with maad city type stuff (lol i posted blue scholars upthread, diffrent shit but still) but i definitely like the style of the album
R.I.P. Kevin Miller is the most moving pop song of march 2014. the song is extremely uplifting. The lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.
MIM Reviews calls it a 'playful but mysterious little ditty'
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
PROBATION 03/06/14 05:45am tpaine Trolling the rap thread.
PROBATION 03/11/14 06:57pm tpaine Trolling the rap thread, again.
[account deactivated]
thank you for the incisive critique. i'll think about it every time i listen to LIL FLOOPY
i'm angry as hell!!!!!!!! about PROG ROCK!!!!!
[account deactivated]
a "rapper called kendrick" lol
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
tpaine's anthem
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i think that's what rap is all about actually, just some guys who want to talk about terrible things so they throw in a token backbeat and try to make it have a flow that doesn't even really match it, dressing up their otherwise inexcusable words as the bare minimum of art

this is the same guy who considers himself smarter than other people to the extent that he can pronounce most of the world's population lebensunwertes leben lmao

no